Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Hi, my first hand post.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this hand's really interesting so I decided to cross-post this in the SS forum to see what they thought over there: Link

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? There is one reply only from a guy that posts in micros anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: For future reference, 2/4 hands should go in the SS forum

[/ QUOTE ]
I post mine here. I love the micro thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to flame the OP by any means. I think he played it perfectly, but when I came back and read the rest of the thread, I saw alot of advice against this play. No offense to any micro players (I worked my way up from the .02/.04 games), but I think this hand plays differently at 2/4 than a .5/1 game. I just wanted to see what other 2/4 regulars who may not look at this forum thought of the hand. So far, they unanimously agree that he played it right.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:53 PM

Villain will have a flush draw a good amount of the time here. Lets say we call his turn bet and the river is a non-flush. He checks and what do we do? He obviously folds the flush draw if we bet (He saves one bet since we didn't raise the turn) or he'll call with something like J9 that he stopped betting since we called all the way and he's afraid of his kicker.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this hand's really interesting so I decided to cross-post this in the SS forum to see what they thought over there: Link

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? There is one reply only from a guy that posts in micros anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: For future reference, 2/4 hands should go in the SS forum

[/ QUOTE ]
I post mine here. I love the micro thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to flame the OP by any means. I think he played it perfectly, but when I came back and read the rest of the thread, I saw alot of advice against this play. No offense to any micro players (I worked my way up from the .02/.04 games), but I think this hand plays differently at 2/4 than a .5/1 game. I just wanted to see what other 2/4 regulars who may not look at this forum thought of the hand. So far, they unanimously agree that he played it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh no offense taken, but yeah I'll post 2/4 hands in SS from now on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 05:23 PM

Sarcasm down...

As said I don't like it as a standard play. I prefer the flop 3-bet. When you have a hand with no outs like 99 you have to be agressive with it until you "hit the wall".

If you just call the flop then I like the turn raise 20% of times (not sure about the actual number). Any bluff turn raise is good at Party 2/4 and this particular example is even favourable. But as a standard play I'm folding because of small pot plus having to call a river bet.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:39 PM

I often CR flush draws from the blinds HU against a preflop raiser, especially with potentially dominated hands like ATs-AQs or hands with no showdown value. It works everytime until he decides calls down to keep me honest. But the next time I will do it with a set or two pair and he will call down a hand he would have folded if he didn't see this before.

I really don't know what to say about this play. It's not something I'd do without a strong read. If you do want to see a showdown I think raising the turn and folding to a raise is better than calling down. Interesting hand