Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Please evaluate my stats

Hi,

I'm at almost 3k hands so far. Im hitting my first big downswing and getting nervous hehe. I'm lost about 60BB in the last few sessions. Mostly have good cards and someone whos so loose gets a good river. Like I had the nut flush and raised alot to get beat by 87o with 77's and an 8 on river full house.

Please see if I have any leaks or am i just getting a usual downswing?

Thanks so much,
Ex
Old 06-21-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Please evaluate my stats

You need to raise a lot more preflop. Don't include PreFlop in your AF. 2600 hands=nothing in terms of sample size, but with a VPIP of 20 your Preflop raise should be about 2x what it is (minimum).
Old 06-21-2005, 10:10 AM

You're just not aggressive. At all. Ever.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:25 AM

***STAMP***
Old 06-21-2005, 10:42 AM

You should be raising PF at least twice as often as you actually are.

It's a small sample, but PFR is a quickly converging statistic. Given your VPIP, there is no way you aren't missing a ton of value raises (and steal attempts) preflop.

People with your PFR tend to raise only with AA-JJ, AKs-AJs and AKo. Maybe TT. That's way too narrow a range.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:05 PM

Thanks for the eval [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . I know its a small sample size but I just want to make sure where im at now and not after 10-20k hands and into some bad habits, then, make sense?
I have for all 2600 hands used SSH preflop chart to the letter. If it says fold call or raise, I do it. So what am I missing here? Does the rest of my stats look ok to the point where i should start to loosen my raising standards? I guess I just thought the SSH chart was the way to go so obviously Im missing something here?

Thanks,
Ex
Old 06-21-2005, 05:08 PM

That's weird. All I can guess is that you've just been getting only been getting dealt about half of your "preflop raising" hands. Normally if you follow SSH, I think your PFR converges to like 7.5% or something.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the eval [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . I know its a small sample size but I just want to make sure where im at now and not after 10-20k hands and into some bad habits, then, make sense?
I have for all 2600 hands used SSH preflop chart to the letter. If it says fold call or raise, I do it. So what am I missing here? Does the rest of my stats look ok to the point where i should start to loosen my raising standards? I guess I just thought the SSH chart was the way to go so obviously Im missing something here?

Thanks,
Ex

[/ QUOTE ]

At these limits, you can start open-raising a lot more hands as you move closer to the button...many of these hands are not mentioned by SSH. Your blind stealing is pretty low, which is evidence that you're not loosening up like this.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:19 PM

Ok one thing I'm doing is Im using the tight games chart because thats most of the games ive played, SSH has 2 charts. Maybe I should start using the loose chart now anyway?

Thanks,
Ex
Old 06-21-2005, 05:26 PM

Most Party games are "tight" but Ed Miller's definition, but like AK noted, you should eventually get away from the chart and look for other situations where you can raise. Following a chart is fine for now while you're learning though.