Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Stars\' response

PokerStars position on this is horrible. And its not close.

As is evident from this statement:

[ QUOTE ]
For an $11 event with 418 players left, the prize you received is in line with your equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing could be further from the truth. As you point out, your equity was fixed at $12960/216 the moment you won your table. If another table had multiple players left, then the equity for each player *at those individual tables* would based on the chip count formula ... [($12960/216)*.5 / 2] + [($12960/216)*.5 * (% of chips in play)].

How is setting up a different payout formula for shootouts a programming problem?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Stars\' response

I would try again to explain the situation to Stars. I was playing in the 10:15 $11 rebuy last night which was cancelled after a couple of hands. I had rebought initially, so had spent $21. They initially credited me with $17 and change, but they realized that this was wrong and corrected it (see e-mail below).

Hello,

As you are doubtless aware, PokerStars suffered some system problems last night. The $11 rebuy tournament # 9111402 you were playing in was canceled and the prize pool was distributed according to our standard "roll forward" formula for canceled events. You have received a previous Email about this distribution.

This roll forward formula is very good at ensuring players receive a fair distribution of the prize pool... with the exception of rebuy events in their early stages. Those players who had taken an early rebuy were into the event for $21 or more... and received back somewhat less than this. This is because of the formula's distribution of half of the total prize pool equally to all players.

To ensure we make a fair distribution to all players, including those that took rebuys, we have simply credited back your rebuy to your account. You should see the $11 credit in your account now, relecting your rebuy in this event.

Again we would like to apologize for the difficulties last night. Such circumstances are quite rare at PokerStars, and we hope our handling of these refunds demonstrates our dedication to serving you, our valued customers, in the best manner possible.... even when the circumstances aren't quite the best.

Good luck in your next event, and thank you for choosing PokerStars.

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Support Supervisor
Old 06-21-2005, 03:28 PM

Default second (and final) volley

Since they ended their reply with "let us know if you still disagree," I figured I had better at least send something brief:

My Response

FWIW I still disagree.

The equity of player who has won a round of a shootout is clearly equal to the number of players at the table times the buyin (less entry fee), which was 6*(11-1)=$60 in this case. Adding a refund of entry fee would be $61.

I'm not going to put any more effort into this because the $15 isn't that big a deal to me, and I really like your site. Your overall service is fantastic - head and shoulders above second best, in fact.

I just wanted to point out that this is something that you guys dropped the ball on so that you could change your approach in the future.

Later,
Lincoln

Their Reply

Hello Lincoln,

Thank you for your email on this matter. I have forwarded it to Management for future consideration.

Regards,

Thomas
PokerStars Support Team
Old 06-21-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: second (and final) volley

Che, no comment but where have you been? Haven't seen you post in a while and like reading you stuff.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: second (and final) volley

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your email on this matter. I have forwarded it to Management for future consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: This [ QUOTE ]
Your overall service is fantastic - head and shoulders above second best, in fact.

[/ QUOTE ] may not always be the case.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Is this reasonable? (topic: Stars refund policy)

What I sent to support:

Hello,

I'm sure I understand your standard mtt refund policy in the case of a server crash, but in the case of a shoot out it is just plain wrong. My equity, having already won my 1st table, was $60 and while the $15 difference will not kill me, I feel I am due it and at the very least I request that this policy be reviewed so that in the future this problem will be avoided. I will be adding this e-mail to a current thread on 2+2 (link below) and axiously await hearing how you will remedy this situation.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&fpart=all

Sincerely,

Chris "sloth469" Gaskill
------------------------------

I am awaiting their reply. I am fairly confident once this is reviewed we will get our due, as stars, in my experience has always been fair.

-sloth
Old 06-21-2005, 07:46 PM

Is this unreasonable?? i was in the 25,000 GUARANTEED....Keyword...."GUARANTEED.....Yet the pool was only calculated using the buy-ins and whatever few rebuys were made before it closed......$8,890.00
I mean guaranteed is guaranteed isn't it??? shouldnt we have gotten a share of 25,000?
Old 06-21-2005, 08:04 PM

I saw it registering as the site was crashing and almost joined thinking the same thing. Did they end up running a 25k last night? If not you might have a case, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

-sloth
Old 06-21-2005, 08:29 PM

i think we got 3 hands in before the crash, but the point is the prize was guaranteed...and actually looking at the payouts im not even sure someone who made a rebuy before it started even got all their money back! i know myself with 1460 chips made a whole $1.21 cents
Old 06-21-2005, 08:55 PM

Their response:

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for your email.

I will forward your request to the person in charge. You will be contacted
as soon as possble.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,

AndreaR
PokerStars Support Team

So it is wait and see, I guess.

-sloth