Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Flopped Straight - How to play?

How do you guys play this? Raise on flop bet? Call turn bet? Raise turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

UTG+1 ($21)
MP1 ($54.4)
MP2 ($79.8)
Hero ($48.6)
CO ($0)
Button ($51.4)
SB ($50.25)
BB ($50.5)
UTG ($87)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.50, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.4</font>, Hero calls $1.40, CO folds, SB calls $1.40, BB folds.

Turn: ($6.70) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>
Old 06-21-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Flopped Straight - How to play?

Raise so they dont have odds to call.

I have alot of this situatios and they best way is too bet out or like here make a big raise.

But on the turn i would fold if an spade come.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:32 PM

you have a vulnerable hand, you have to make a bigger flop raise.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:21 PM

Raise, raise, raise and raise. stop following other people lead in a hand cause you have a vulnerable hand. someone with a 8-J has you beat, and on the turn someone chasing the flush has you beat. By just calling him down, you have no clue of where you are in the hand. Raise, raise and raise.
later
Old 06-21-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Flopped Straight - How to play? (some results)

[ QUOTE ]
Raise, raise, raise and raise. stop following other people lead in a hand cause you have a vulnerable hand. someone with a 8-J has you beat, and on the turn someone chasing the flush has you beat. By just calling him down, you have no clue of where you are in the hand. Raise, raise and raise.
later

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying raise the flop then? Or Raise the turn?

As it stands, I raised to 15$ on the turn. One fold, and the original raiser goes all-in. I called, he had 78 of spades for the flush with straight flush draw.

I figure my mistakes:

1) raise on flop to find out where things are?

2) maybe call on flop, call on turn. Any raise on the turn will only be called by a hand that beats mine(?). If he had a pair, I want him in the hand going to the river where i reassess the situation.

-pj
Old 06-21-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) maybe call on flop, call on turn. Any raise on the turn will only be called by a hand that beats mine(?). If he had a pair, I want him in the hand going to the river where i reassess the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isnt bad ide too call on the flop like you did.
Bu then you have too raise the turn " If a safe card hits" too get the draw too fold or make a bad call.

And no i dont think you only get called by a hand that beats you. Trips 2 pair and maybe even top pair whit good kicker would call.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:26 PM

yep I meant raise on the flop. you had the lead and you would of know where you stood. that was the biggest mistake I think that you did. Then when the turn shoed up an other spade thats when your read on the player comes in handy. if you know that he always check the nuts on the turn like in the case the flush, and he checks then that's is when you play accordingly. Or if he bets out big on the turn when the card shows up and you know that that is what he does when he hits big then again play accordingly, because don't forget one thing, you have position on him and use it to your advantage.
later
Old 06-21-2005, 02:43 PM

You must raise the flop hard.

1. Near doubtless you have the best hand, but
2. You have four limpers along with you into a draw-heavy flop
3. Chances are excellent that someone has a draw and will suck out on you
4. Because there are so many in the pot, your opponents will find it that much easier to rationalize calling their draws on the basis of implied odds
5. Because you all limped, including the blinds, you have no idea what anyone is in with
6. You have substantial reverse implied odds, as future cards can't make you better, they can only beat you.

If you raise to $5 and anyone calls behind you, then everyone else behind them on a draw will tag along with decent odds.

Make it $8 on the flop and be happy to fold them all.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you guys play this? Raise on flop bet? Call turn bet? Raise turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

UTG+1 ($21)
MP1 ($54.4)
MP2 ($79.8)
Hero ($48.6)
CO ($0)
Button ($51.4)
SB ($50.25)
BB ($50.5)
UTG ($87)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.50, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.4</font>, Hero calls $1.40, CO folds, SB calls $1.40, BB folds.

Turn: ($6.70) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise flop, fold turn.