Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: How far to push third nut

[ QUOTE ]
I lied. He calls my 5-bet and turns over pocket aces. I wonder why he didn't six bet. Isn't SSH a great game? I hope this hand was of interest and it's not just a bad beat story. I'm curious what the requirements are to 5-bet and this isn't a topic coverred often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack

Odd
Old 06-20-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he has a flush...

[/ QUOTE ]

But aren't you wishing he did?
Old 06-20-2005, 11:45 PM

Eh, how big is the pot? I'd go as many raises up to the size of the half the size of the pot.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, how big is the pot? I'd go as many raises up to the size of the half the size of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Why?
Old 06-21-2005, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When he 4-bets, ask him if he knows the board is paired. If he looks unhappy with this, 5-bet; else, call.

[/ QUOTE ]

We now teaching angle shots on 2+2?
Old 06-21-2005, 08:58 AM

I just call the 4 bet, it should be obvious even to a horrible player that you have at least kings full, yet he's still raising. And about reads, well, you'd probably know already if the guy was so bad that a 5 bet was right here.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:37 AM

Yeah. My hand is an open book and he can have anything. I didn't think about what he thinks of what I'm thinking.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When he 4-bets, ask him if he knows the board is paired. If he looks unhappy with this, 5-bet; else, call.

[/ QUOTE ]

We now teaching angle shots on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that outside of Europe, asking a question in the middle of a hand isn't considered angle shooting.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:58 PM

Default For what its worth.

This happened to me twice in 4 days B&M.

First 8 to the flop I am in the co with 2's. Flop is 23 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Bet from early postion maybe MP1 an unknow, his 4th or 5ht hand at the table. I raise. 2 callers MP1 and maybe the BB. Turn is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] checked to me I bet BB fold MP1 calls River is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He bets I raise he reraises I reraise he reraises I reraise he calls.

He turns over Q3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MHING Everyone at the table put me on the A high flush.

Second time I have 9's in M2. 4 callers to me. I riase. 2 callers behind. Flop is 8 9 10 rainbow. Mp1 a loose semi-argo bets I raise hoepfully I can get one or to to fold. 4 callers. turn is a J Checked to me. I am taking the free cards here. River is another J MP2 bets into me. I raise he reraises. I reraise he reraises. I call. he shows J10. MHING.

The reason I post these is I have yet to see the usuall suspects @ a B&M make it 3 or 4 bets to go without a legit hand.

First hand so be it I pay that the same way. IMHO I played hand 2 very poorly. I should have just made a crying call on the reraise. he got 2 extrabets out of me.

Your thoughts.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:11 PM

I would take that to 6 bets. If u had AA I would also take that to 6 bets. I never go further unless I have the absolute nuts. Even though Quad 9s is very unlikely, it is still a possibility. The villain likes his hand in this case. If I saw the villain to do something really stupid before and overplay another hand I might be inclined to try and make it 7 or 8 bets.

Pots