Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Every fibre in my body told me I was beat...

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'd probably call the flop, raise the turn, and check the river unless I improve, but thats because I'm not skilled enough to make decisions...I just get to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you raise the turn and then check the river? If you thought you were beat why raise the turn? If you think you are ahead why not bet the river?

Failing to bet the river in your scenario would be a huge leak, but that's just mho. Tighty McWhitey's are rarely the river-check raising types.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im sorry, I dont post around these parts. But what type of input are you looking from people here? You judged you were behind AA and didnt have the odds to draw to 2 outs and folded, whats the big deal.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

you must play that other game where people bet lots.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:55 AM

understand that you have the implied odds to spike a k on the turn.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you raise the turn and then check the river? If you thought you were beat why raise the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I can't committ to a read in a spots like this. He may very well of 3 bet preflop w/ AKs, or AK, or QQ or JJ, or even the other two kings. After my PF cap he might, just might lead the flop with QQ or JJ (and probably would with the other 2 king), but he more then likely needs AA to lead into my cap. If I committ to showing this hand down, against a player that I know won't 3 bet the turn, I'd rather raise the Turn (giving him a chance to make a terrible mistake, if indeed he has AA) and then check behind the river, unless I improve along the way. the same amount of money goes in, and I give my opponent a chance to make a pot sized error.

Against players that have a much wider 3 betting range PF, and leading into a cap range post flop, i'd be more inclined to value bet the river.

Maybe i'm looking at it wrong, however. It is certainly more likely that he was dealt QQ or JJ then specifically AA, but would he play QQ or JJ in that fashion, and is he so tight that he'll fold QQ or JJ to the turn raise, or the river bet? All of these are factors, maybe i'm reading to much into "ultra tight".

lf
Old 06-21-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so everything told you he had aces once his shaky hands threw in 3 bets... why not just call the 3 bets preflop and then call the flop ..for

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to only call the 3 bet, but then I thought about how I was going to get berated on these boards for not capping and the ridicule isn't worth saving that extra small bet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Lawrence
Old 06-21-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im pretty sure he had him pegged on aces before he capped it.. could be wrong.. maybe he'll let us know

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I did not have him pegged on Aces. It was AA or KK, either one. Thus I capped it. For value worth if it was and of course to make an extra sb off the limper.

It also would tell me heavily where I stood post flop as to whether or not KK was the best hand.

When the old guy bet the flop, I knew my hand was done for.. or was it?

Lawrence
Old 06-21-2005, 07:28 AM

one thing to remember, if you dont fold the winning hand from time to time, you're going to lose alot of money playing this game.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:46 AM

hahaha... you know how to have a good time, it seems
Old 06-21-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing to remember, if you dont fold the winning hand from time to time, you're going to lose alot of money playing this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to lose even more folding Kings on 227 flops.

SpaceAce
Old 06-21-2005, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew my hand was done for.. or was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this one of those "what happened next mysteries" whose end depends on the votes of the people watching? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]