Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Think they will do anything?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes "I drive real slow in the ultra fast lane."

[/ QUOTE ]

nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but do you see what he has in White letters after this line in his post? :-)

Bob
Old 06-21-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When will all sites do like stars and block chat when someone is all in?

Seriously?

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]
that is a horrible idea, and it pisses me off every time I play at Stars. why screw up millions of sngs because 1 out of every thousand 2 people collude? The real solution would be to actually suspend accounts when people are colluding

This is the real issue! Why does Party refuse to block chat access once someone is all in? It's like their afraid to admit that pokerstars came up with a good idea.

Party caters to the idiots, that is for sure. If it wasn't for their stack and blind structure for SNG's, I wouldn't play there.

Party doesn't give a .... about the true poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]
that is a horrible idea, and it pisses me off every time I play at Stars. why screw up millions of sngs because 1 out of every thousand 2 people collude? The real solution would be to actually suspend accounts when people are colluding

blocking everyones chat doesnt do anything but annoy the f' out of non-cheaters when the type out 2 lines only to hit return right after some shortstack pushes
Old 06-21-2005, 02:36 AM

do you think that typing two lines of unimportant drivel is more important than the integrity of the games?

what gems has stars prevented you from typing?

every time i report an instance like stupidsucker's (about once per day), i always include a suggestion to block chat once a player is all-in... so far they have done nothing, but my hope is that eventually Party will come around and see how important it is.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a formal college football player

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but I just found this really funny, especially since it came from a football jock. Once again, I'm sorry.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you think that typing two lines of unimportant drivel is more important than the integrity of the games?

what gems has stars prevented you from typing?

every time i report an instance like stupidsucker's (about once per day), i always include a suggestion to block chat once a player is all-in... so far they have done nothing, but my hope is that eventually Party will come around and see how important it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill have you know im a nobel laurette poet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

This is beside the point. Blocking the chat does absolutely nothing to preserve the integrity of the game - except in rare cases, such as controlling railbirds on the final table of big buy-in multis (i.e. blocking chat of non-players, like stars does in the big sunday tournaments).
I dont mind annoyances when they serve a purpose, but this serves no purpose.
Maybe this is a society question rather than a poker question in my mind, but I abhor the idea of punishing everyone because a very small percentage of people collude. Especially when there is a much more effective way to solve that problem (whether PP actually has the balls to suspend their account or not is beside the point, but that is the proper solution).
Old 06-21-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This has happened to me many times and I have prayed so often that just once i would be able to crawl into the computer and "out the other side" so to speak so that I could give them the ass beating of the century for cheating. As a formal college football player, I can't help but think how funny it would be to crawl out of monitor "THE RING" style and find some punk teenager. And yes, I have seen people do this in a home game, and yes, I laughed heartily at the ass beating that ensued.

Sigma

[/ QUOTE ]

I like you sir. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 02:10 PM

He obviously didn't pay attention enough in college if all he got out of philosophy courses on this topic was "define X for X to be true".
Old 06-21-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they did do something that might be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many times must you be told?

There's no doubt that a rule was broken.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was a philosophy major for a couple years. in order to list something as cheating you have to define cheating.

and none of you can give a comprehensive def of cheating in online poker.

yah that means the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's "cheating" in a B&M, which is clearly defined, then it's cheating on-line.... a spade is a spade and this was cheating.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He obviously didn't pay attention enough in college if all he got out of philosophy courses on this topic was "define X for X to be true".

[/ QUOTE ]

"define X for X to be true" take a philosophy course of truth knowledge and belief.. that quote misses a few steps but hits the stop