Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: My PokerMountain account empty

[ QUOTE ]
as I've stated before, our investors are beyond reproach in integrity, very well known inside the poker community, multi millionaires with their reputations on the line if customers didn't get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! And these multi millionaires names are....

-Ryan
Old 06-19-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i spoted them with the entire roll at 30/60 on party.

gonna double it up and redep back in pmountain. nobody needs to worry. daniels at the helm.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 06-19-2005, 04:13 AM

I just heard it's working again. I hope that's correct.

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com
Old 06-20-2005, 04:13 AM

I'm still waiting on the names of these millionaires.

-Ryan
Old 06-20-2005, 04:44 AM

Are things squared away at the Poo?
Old 06-20-2005, 04:45 AM

I have no idea if you are really a representative of Poker Mountain. If you are, I have a suggestion for you: If someone like this happens in the future where a player's money disappears from their account I would suggest that you do something proactive such as writing e-mails or having a pop-up after player login explaining the situation. If any money just disappeared from any account of mine without explanation that would raise some serious questions about a site's responsiblity and care for a customer. If any of this is true and Poker Mountain did not do anything proactive to assure customers they weren't being stolen from I can safely say I would never do business there. All that would be needed would be a simple notice that software is being updated.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:35 AM

I work for the software company that is creating the program for Poker Mountain. I am the co-designer of most of what you see. We had contracted out the coding to a supposedly highly reputable company, they turned out to be our biggest nightmare, the implementation is so far from the original concept, and many, many features had to be put on hold as deadlines were missed. One day I hope I can tell the whole story, needless to say we eventually fired them and brought everything in-house. We now have some of the best programmers in the business, they are pretty much rewriting the whole thing so that we can finally start to grow.

Your suggestion about the zero balances makes incredible sense, I have no idea why they didn't do something like that, but I've forwarded your email to the right people, so hopefully they'll do better in the future.

A while ago I volunteered to scan the newsgroups for PM messages, I'm doing my best to answer them honestly and promptly, but please realize that I'm only the messenger, I don't always have all the facts, but I can usually get any questions and suggestions to the right people.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your suggestions.

Paul
Old 06-20-2005, 07:41 AM

I'm sorry Ryan, the investors wish to remain private, I think this is common in many privately held companies, and I don't think it would be fair of me or anyone to divulge their names. All I can tell you is that I am not lying to you about their credentials. If the time were to ever come where customers could not get their money out (and I believe 100% that would never happen, that if we closed our doors it would be a graceful exit), I would do all I could to help resolve the cashouts. I'm very well known in the poker community, I'm not hiding from anyone and don't plan to.

Paul
Old 06-20-2005, 07:46 AM

Zero Players [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry Ryan, the investors wish to remain private,

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very common. That's why I'm curious about what reputations are on the line? Credentials hold no value if all they are is a black silhouette.

Not a knock on you or the site in any way, plenty of other folks have given me enough to avoid anything but the main page. But defending a site based on the backers street cred when they remain anonymous is kinda ridiculous in my book.

Just my $.02

-Ryan