Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Table selection

[ QUOTE ]
you described what i go thru everyday. Its a pain in the A$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could be forced to endure the terrible tragedy of having to play at tables like that every day. Maybe if you played higher stakes people would fold to your raises more.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd wear a diper before I'd be willing to take a pee break from that table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice, but it's important to emphasize that this advice applies to online games only. Soiling yourself in a live game in order to save a hand or two will likely cause the table to break sooner than you'd like.

If one has a significant other, then a decision is sometimes necessary as to whether to soil oneself in front of the partner in order to get a few more hands in. Of course, we all know which choice is more +EV. However, you'll have to spend time explaining this to your partner afterwards (preferably after you have cleaned yourself up).
Old 06-19-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there some mathematical evidence to a situation beiing unprofitable regardless of skill??

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not really a mathematical reason for any table to be unprofitable. You should be able to sit down and any table, play perfect game theory poker and, if you stay long enough, you'll come out even. It's kind of pointless because you'll never make any money either, but a table isn't theoretically profitable or unprofitable. Unless you include the rake. Then all tables are unprofitable.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No way in hell I leave it until it breaks, or I cant keep my eyes open.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

To the OP: While your session may not have gone well, realize that all that awful play ended up as (theoretical) profit for you. The fact that you didn't realize that profit this time isn't a big deal if you can find the same type of game day after day... you will eventually rake in some hefty wins. For more on the subject, you might want to check out the "Start enjoying loose games" section in Ed Miller's SSH. It took me a little while to come around, but his suggestions on playing things some might consider trashy (Kxs in LP after many loose limpers) really do help you squeeze the most out of these low stakes donkfests.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice, but it's important to emphasize that this advice applies to online games only. Soiling yourself in a live game in order to save a hand or two will likely cause the table to break sooner than you'd like.

If one has a significant other, then a decision is sometimes necessary as to whether to soil oneself in front of the partner in order to get a few more hands in. Of course, we all know which choice is more +EV. However, you'll have to spend time explaining this to your partner afterwards (preferably after you have cleaned yourself up).

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe soiling ones' self is MANDATORY in [censored]'n'go tourneys...
Old 06-19-2005, 03:41 AM

I wouldnt leave the table, but Malmuth wrote about a game being "too good" in Poker essays. He went over how at a certain point of "game goodness" your expectation can't go up much, and if anything it goes lower. Either its 3am and I am totally misunderstanding him, or yea, its the answer to your question.