Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 08:00 PM

Default TS 2/5 game turn decision?

At TS game was originally 200max table and recently at our request we bumped it to 300max game.

I had built my stack upto about 800 and then was Lagging it up since it was 6 handed and was down to about 500 when this hand came up.
SB 300
BB 400
Hero UTG 500
Villian 425
CO 200
Button 400

My read on Villian is he calls way too many raises PF and also plays top pair either too weak or too hard. About an hour before I bluffed at him on the turn to make him fold top pair and he wanted to push it. He was also stuck for 300 since he got a speeding ticket on the way to the casion and in for 400. He is anxious to play a big pot.

I raise UTG to 15 my standard opening raise with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],Villian calls Button calls, SB and BB tag along.

Flop (5 players) is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Pot 75$s
Blinds check to me I bet ou 50 and I am quickly called by Villian. Button then thinks for about a minute before finally folding. At this point I figured he had an Axsuited type of hand and had to decide if he was ahead or behind. Blinds scram.

Turn (2 players) comes 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Pot 175$
I lead for 100 villian insta-pushes. That means it's 250 more to call. I think for a bit and end up calling hated my hand but liked getting nearly 2.5 to 1 on the call.

Seemed standard at the time the way the table was going but I didn't like my line all that much.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: TS 2/5 game turn decision?

In 2-5 at TS it totally depends on the player. Last time I was there, 5 of the 9 people at the table were people I considered fish from the 1-2 tables and would call expecting to see a smaller ace. I hope he was one of these guys or had something like KQd, QJd, or diamond draw and a ten and that he didn't trap you with a set.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: TS 2/5 game turn decision?

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: naphinfitos

[/ QUOTE ]

im so flattered