FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Softness of Micro-Limit Ring Games

[ QUOTE ]
£1=$1.84

I remember when it was

£1=$0.75

[/ QUOTE ]

???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
How old are you?????

Crypto 1/2 $ is much tighter than party. You must play in a different manner on crypto. I like it because I steal and defend alot. You can usually forget about limping first in even UTG. I almost never limp on crypto because most pots are raised and shorthanded, if I limp it's with AA or KK. I've had sessions with ASF of 15 % on all 4 tables for many hours!

Paradise is like party, no big difference in my opinion. Pacific is very different. Players are much much worse. I have raised UTG to see everyone coldcall. Software sucks bigtime though and you can't multitable. I play on pacific if I play on a site where you can only play 3 tables so I get 4 tables.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:05 AM

I only two table, but yes, this is what I do. You should almost always be playing one Pacific table. At the .5/1 games I can usually find 5-6 to the flop. Pacific is the closest thing to the SSHE loose game.

Regarding their software, some people seem to have connection problems with Pacific but I almost never do. If you have a good connection in general, then I doubt you will find much to complain about in their software.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:44 AM

Sounds like I should give Pacific a try. Two queries- 1. How do you clear the bonus and 2. Can you download hand histories onto Poker Tracker?
Old 06-18-2005, 10:19 AM

And are there any rakeback programs for Pacific?
Old 06-18-2005, 10:34 AM

1) To clear bonus, you must wager 20x the bonus amount. Unlike most sites, it has nothing to do with how many hands you play or what the other players do or the rake. So if you get the full $100 bonus, you have to bet $2000. Most people say that this is a little slow to do, but I think that's mostly because hands move slightly slower than Party and you can only 1-table. It is also strange that the higher limit you play, the faster you will clear the bonus. Due to the fact that I started on Pacific and my bonus whoring plan, I haven't ever cleared a bonus on Pacific. I do not believe the bonus ever expires, so you don't have to worry about that.

2) Yes, Pacific works with PokerTracker, but only if you buy a $10 app called HandGrabber (I should point out that I sell this app). As long as you are running WinXP or 2k Pro, it should work. There is a 1000 hand trial period. See the PT site for more info.

3) I know nothing about rakeback there, but I they do have affiliates, so there is probably rakeback somewhere.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:46 AM

I've just joined and the bonus expires after three months. I'd check yours out if I were you!