Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 08:49 PM

Default WSOP dvd\'s

Am I correct that there's a DVD for the 2003 WSOP, but not 2004? I'd like to see some of the individual episodes from 2004. Any suggestions on how to locate them?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: WSOP dvd\'s

bit torrent is the way to go.

Main event is here

While the other events are here
Old 06-17-2005, 10:32 PM

can someone explain what a torrent is? i dont understand. and when i tried to download it, it took like 1 second. Obviously it didnt work.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:47 PM

A torrent is a file that indeicates you to download another file through a torrent program. www.bittorrent.com get the program. The 1 seconds download is corrent, plug that 1 second download file into teh program and you will begin downloading.

There are amny bit torrent clients, I prefer azureus. One way of thinking of torrents is like Limewire or Kazaa but you can't search, you have to get the .torrent file instead.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:47 PM

Some of the more techie people here will likely elaborate, but my understanding is BitTorrent is kinda the next evolution in downloading large files. Traditionally, downloading a large file used a server/client relationship. The d/l speed was dependent on your connection to the server and how busy the server was. BitTorrent allows you to d/l 'bits' of a large file from multiple servers which allows for much faster d/l speeds.

You said your d/l took "seconds". You just d/l the torrent file, it is basically a small file which identifies the actual file you want. To get the actual file, you will also need a torrent program. There are several and they are free. Visit bittorrent.com for starters. The program will use the torrent file to d/l the actual file.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:52 PM

The linked torrents are all but dead, there is not way you will be able to pull down those files, some of them even have no seeders.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:57 PM

Well, I am trying to download "WSOP 2k4- other aired events". 6.2 gig file and it's supposed to be done in 2 days.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:58 PM

ESPN has been replaying a lot of the episodes from the 2004 WSOP. If you happen to have TiVo, just put in "poker" as a keyword wishlist search and a ton will come up. This week they are re-running the Main Event final table episode with commentary from Fossilman. Very interesting stuff and worth catching.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:01 AM

ESPN sent me an email for their 2004 WSOP DVD including the Kansas City Lowball event not seen on TV this year! Since I bought from them last year and won't ever do it again. I had 2003 on preorder for 3 months and it came 1 month late after being backordered! But it is coming. 3 disc with 3+ hours of extras! Something like 12 episodes will be on these discs.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:12 AM

2004 is out on dvd.

or just capture rerunds