Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: A pair of sevens

Are you suggesting check/raising for value? I do have 6 (maybe only 5.5) outs if I am behind, and I might even have the best hand at the moment.

However, if I am ahead, I don't like tying my opponents to the pot, and having them hit their overcard on the river.

I can see that it might have merit, though. I just think my hand is too vulnerable.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:01 PM

OK, next question...if everyone's so sure button is raising either an overpair or overcards does anyone consider 3-betting the flop?

BTW, Personally I would bet the flop here with a 10+SB pot but would probably check/raise with little bit of a smaller pot if I felt button is betting or raising regardless. I think 77 is too strong of a hand on this flop to check/call though.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone consider 3-betting the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't, but now that I think about, I don't like it. It gives villain a chance to extract the most, when he has an overpair, and it also gives him a chance to get away from overcards on turn or river.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Personally I would bet the flop here with a 10+SB pot but would probably check/raise with little bit of a smaller pot if I felt button is betting or raising regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Thanks for all your questions. Even though I like my flop play, I'm realizing there is a lot more I should have considered before choosing my line.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:28 PM

I donkbet.

Will