Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: so i see johnny chan yesterday night at the bellagio walking back

i can understand this now that youve told me.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:05 PM

you and turningstone have made me feel like the idiot i am. i stand corrected and will try to put myself in the other person's shoes before i go off ranting about some silly chit.
thanks.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:08 PM

its not my favorite thing to do but when the masses suggest that i was a fool, then i will accept that i was wrong to think ill of chan for how the communication was said and interpreted. i just wanted to know what people thought and i got what i wanted. ill approach it differently next time.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: you guys are retarded

[ QUOTE ]
In defense of the original poster, the guy did appear in Rounders so obviously fame is something he sought. Autographs and harassment is the price you pay

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me sound like a tool for remembering this, but we all have to admit to watching the WSOP or WPT sometime. During an interview with the Travel Channel or ESPN, I can't remember which, Chan said the only reason he did Rounders is because his daughter told him she wanted to meet Matt Damon. Thus, he wasn't seeking out fame.

Once again, as others have said, this man makes his own living on his own money. He doesn't get paid off ticket sales like A-rod or T.O. or Tim Duncan, or anyone else who plays a professional sport other than hockey (we've obviously seen that they don't even sell enough tickets to make their owners money. BAAAAA-ZZIIIIIING!!!!). He therefore doesn't owe the public anything, yet was still nice enough to sign an autograph on his own time.

Take care,
Matt
Old 06-16-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

first for the record I think getting poker players signatures is questionable at best, they get way too much attention already. But, you guys are being ridiculous this guy asked Chan for a signature and he was a dick about it and the guy gets pissed. Then you say he is retarded and ream him for even asking for a signature. That is stupid. It should go with out saying that Chan or any other pseudo celebrity will be a decent person and not a total dick. And if anyone, famous or otherwise, is that big of a douche he should get cards thrown in his face. No level of stardom or ego gives anyone the right to treat other people like [censored]. I can’t believe everyone would defend his attitude.
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, well...not that's everyone is retarded, but the other part. he's a card player, not the president.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In defense of the original poster, the guy did appear in Rounders so obviously fame is something he sought. Autographs and harassment is the price you pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is so ignorant, it doesnt even deserve a response.

That said...

You are retarded
Old 06-17-2005, 12:33 PM

get a mobile phone with a camera then you can have a photo with next one you bump into without haviing to hurry up
Old 06-17-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only person who comes off as an ass in this story is the OP, IMO

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-17-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in all seriousness he probably just took a massive dump and wanted to get back in time to buy the button

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly the only reasonably explanation...
Old 06-17-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to the poker room and ask for his autograph. i have the deck of cards and a pen out in my hand i just dont have the cards out of the box. he tells me "hurry up-", not "hurry up!!", just "hurry up-". i want to throw the deck of cards in his face but give him the pen and hold out a card for him to sign. i later throw away the card in my hotel room because i think he is a piece of chit.

questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snap judgement much?

I don't think you should ask for a guys autograph unless you are actually a fan of the person, not just cause he's some famous dude. And if you were a fan, you wouldn't have been this bothered by a little brevity. Heck even downright full bore, blow you off, talk shytte about your mother rudeness wouldn't have bothered you this much.

Clearly you were just wasting everybody's time by asking for an autograph.

--Zetack

Anybody ever see a famous person signing autographs, and you have guys going, "I'm a huge fan, you're my favorite [*whatever*]!!! Sign my {*piece of crappy whatever it is they have*]!!!" Then after the guy signs a buncha stuff for like a quarter of an hour, leaves to go about his life, and half the guys who didn't get something signed go: "You're a piece of shytte, you sucke!!!"

Boneheads, the lot of em.