Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: is he bluffin?

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. Without more information to the contrary, I have to give credit to this aggressive check-raise and assume that I'm beat.

You raised UTG and bet the flop, and he still took the single-most aggressive approach possible. A solid player will only do this if he has JJ, and probably also AA, beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are giving the majority of the players who play in this tournament way too much credit. If he has a T, you're screwed, yes. I don't think he has QQ, KK or AA. So, what beats you? A T beats you, and 77 beats you, and, like I said, I'm not worried about AA, KK or QQ.

Looks like two diamonds. I call.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:56 PM

If you put him on two diamonds, why not raise here? I think that the proper play is either to raise a good amount and drive out the flush draw, or to fold. I think that calling this bet is the worst play here...
Old 06-16-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you put him on two diamonds, why not raise here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he just raised all-in.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Results

After taking my full 60 second time bank to think about it, I called, and villan had 33. I wasn't sure it was the correct play, and I didn't want to be results oriented, so I posted the hand... Thanks for all the help!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:12 AM

Tough situation, and a nice bet by the villain. Later in the tournament, after many of the true morons are on the rail, I think you call, and cross your fingers he doesn't hit his flush/overcards. (Against A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] you are a tiny favorite, so pushing would be a good play for him, and calling a good play for you.)

The problem is that this early he could be a donk with JTs (it's sooted!) or AT (it's an Ace!), or a mid-pair who puts you on overcards.

At this level, I'll say a prayer and click "Call".

Sam
Old 06-17-2005, 11:35 AM

Good chance he is after your weak continuation bet. I go broke here almost every time.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Results

good call. Your bet on the flop screams weakness so I figured he'd c/r you with a very wide range of hands.