Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: PlayerView/GameTime+ Alternative - Release 0.001

I guess I misunderstood what he was trying to say. I like the idea, but I'm not entirely sure how much faster it would be. It would be a lot of work to implement that with my current design. Since I'm mainly doing a lot of counts() and sums() in the SQL, it's only returning single rows anyway.

I'll definitely do some speed tests to see though. If I find the SQL returning much quicker for less hands, then I will take the time to do this.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:03 PM

Okay guys, version 0.006 is out. This adds table average VPIP and table average PFR. It also allows you to limit the stats to only those played at the current limit.

Download it here:

http://www.caeddyn.com/pokerace/

Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions/comments/suggestions/problems.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I find the SQL returning much quicker for less hands

[/ QUOTE ]

sums() and counts() on 10 rows should be faster than a few hundred rows - thats not really my point though.

Why do the sql request at all, when there is a very high probability it will return exactly the same result it gave you last time?

You're trying to improve performance for those with large databases, who might have lets say 200 hands on at least one of the opponents. You don't really need to update his stats on the 201st, 202nd, 203rd etc hands - you wait for the 220th, by which time there may be a small change in the results. If its 2000 hands, you're only likely to see a 1% change over 100 hands. If you only have 15 hands, every hand or 2 matters.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:18 PM

Are the player-rater icons supported yet?
Old 06-17-2005, 12:14 AM

Just got a chance to try this program out tonight. It is looking very good so far, i'm impressed. I hope you keep working on it, because it has the potential to take over playerview and gametime+ imo.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:27 AM

Thanks! I'm glad you gave it a chance. I certainly intend on working on it for a long while now. It's at a point where it's usable, but it's still far from being at the point where I'm happy with it.

I'm not really looking to take over the market, but I do want my application to be sitting on equal footing with the two existing giants. It's a long ways off, but it will get there.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:10 AM

One feature I like about PokerOffice's overlay is that the stats dissapear after showdown when the cards are revealed. That way the stats don't cover the cards. It's fluff, but I think its a nice feature.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:56 AM

That's one of the features I plan on adding. I can't tell you how annoyed I get when the stats cover up a player's hole cards. In addition to that, I'm also going to show the mucked hands as well.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:47 PM

I just started trying this out, and I really like it. The only problem I have right now is that whenever something goes over the stats they erase until the next update. For instance, if I open the player's notes, and the note box covers the stats, when I close the note box whatever portion of the stats that was hidden is now erased.

Any idea why this is happening?
Old 06-17-2005, 05:27 PM

Yeah, I know exactly why it's happening and it's going to be fixed.

The problem is that when the players' stats are being read from the database, the stats aren't being printed on the window. Therefore, when something causes the stats to "erase", then the stats aren't redrawn until the database access is finished.

It's not too much of a problem when you have only a few tables open, but I notice it and it bugs me when I have 6 tables going.