Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: TT limp facing raise

I am no pro and but this how I would most likely play it.

What was your read. Would he go 3BB with anything less than a preimum hand? I don't think you fold. Another 200 to see a flop with a pair, I would at least see the flop. Then fire out a pot size bet to see where i am at. If he comes over i would fold. If he calls i would check the turn if its not a T, fold if he puts in a large bet.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am no pro and but this how I would most likely play it.

What was your read. Would he go 3BB with anything less than a preimum hand? I don't think you fold. Another 200 to see a flop with a pair, I would at least see the flop. Then fire out a pot size bet to see where i am at. If he comes over i would fold. If he calls i would check the turn if its not a T, fold if he puts in a large bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) You don't need to make a pot size bet to see where you are. A bet of half to 2/3 the pot can easily do that.
2) A pot size bet or anything close to it pot commits you. That would be around T650. You've already put in T300. You only have T1640 left. You can't put in more than half your stack on the flop and then fold.
3) You'd make the bet regardless of the cards???? I sure wouldn't.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:12 AM

True to all points. Again i said i wasn't a pro.. This is how i learn.

I wound't bet to any cards. Of course if the flop is low or there is one over card on the flop i would bet see where i am at. If the bd, has a straigh draw (that my 10 is not part of), pairs, has flush draw, or more than 1 over card I would check. (i might bluff at it depending on the read on the player and my image). But of course i wouldn't bet to any. I didnt mean it to sound that way.