Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Sit N Go Analysis

Well there you have it... So it sounds like were within inches of a Luck-o-Meter. Let the Bad Luck posts begin.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:23 PM

This probably won't benefit me at all. I just have a job that doesn't allow me to play poker at work so I have to find something interesting to do with my little bit of spare time I have at work. In addition, I think it would be neat to see over the long run how many times I have the worst hand going in for every block of 60 tournaments. I may notice a pattern that on the days that I have a high roi that I was rarely going all in with the worst of it. I don't like going by feel because it always feels worse than it really is.

Nothing special in this analysis, but maybe I'll find something out about my game that I won't find otherwise. Plus, I have a coach who I'd like to be able to give my results to in a nice concise fashion(rather than 60 hand histories a day) and let him interpret what I am doing, whether it be right or wrong.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, there's been talks of "luck-o-meter's" before also. Maybe not the most useful thing in the world, but it would be nice to know if you're running hot or cold on your matchups.

Of course there's a lot more "luck" than that. There's a lot of components that you can't control that could all fall under "luck", like if you run into AA on the bubble every game for the rest of your life, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I think a luck-o-meter will never be very useful. When you are running hot or cold it has to do with A LOT more than just 1 coinflip that you may have won/lost. The luck (or variance) of the cards dealt throughout the course of the tournament comes into play.

Obviously winning coinflips is all "luck" in the short-term and when you are winning those you seem to be on hot streaks. But getting dealt AA-QQ 10x in one tourney would be "luck" but wouldn't factor into the program. (Unless of course the luck-o-meter actually analyzed what cards you were dealt throughout the sng and checked for an average distribution. Or as even as you can get through 40-60 hands.)