Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 02:18 PM

Default How aggressive is too aggressive on the bubble (Low buy-ins)

Recently I've found the biggest problem for myself (at the $11s) is that I'm getting my all-in's called too much. Starting mostly on level 5 or late in level 4 my first few pushes I'll get folded to me, but as things get deeper and there are still 4-6 players left, People seem to get frusterated with even pushing every 7-8 hands and start calling.

I guess my question is twofold. First, are others experianceing a similar problem at the low buy-ins or is this just a small sample phenomenon? Also, how do you shift your strategy to counteract this? If you have a big stack its not as much of a problem as you can tighten up but with the blinds going up I find myself forced to make moves and getting called in situations I would think i still have reasonable FE.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: How aggressive is too aggressive on the bubble (Low buy-ins)

Check out this thread ("Bubble Trouble...") from a couple weeks ago. It's a great start. Make sure you read the original thread to which it refers first.

This is one of my favorite threads of the last month or so. Good questions, hand histories, and lots of commentary.