Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Looking for a database program...

I would like to find a program that allows me to enter hands that I (or others) have played into a database and then commentate them.

I would like to able to categorize my hands by what type of decision is involved. i.e. I have been betting top pair all the way, a four straight falls on the end and my opponent bets out. (Ok, not very creative or intellectually stimulating, but the best I can think of right now!) This would be categorized under some specific river decision.

I could also comment on player's playing styles within the program.

Then, I could "playback" any hands and be asked to make a decision at the critical point(s).

Last year, I saw a website with an analysis forum similar to this, but I have been unable to find it again. Any leads?

ThanX!
John
Old 05-29-2003, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Looking for a database program...

Are you playing online? If so, you could try PokerStat (for Paradise hands) or PokerTracker (for Paradise, PokerStars and Party/Empire hands). I don't think either are as in depth as you're looking for, though.

You could also have a look at PokerTrace, although I think that's pretty basic. But it is free.