Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Question about automated data mining, possibly distributed...

Posted under Internet as well, maybe this is more appropriate?

I'm wondering about a couple things.

1. Would a program that simply keeps opening different tables violate Party's T+C's? Basically it would allow you to continuously gather hands when away from the computer without having to worry about the tables closing.

What about going 1 step farther and collecting those hands in one place and then giving users of the program the ability to request hands be sent to them that other people gathered.

2. Is there any interest in a program that does the above?

Thanks,
ReMMy
Old 06-12-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Question about automated data mining, possibly distributed...

There's a lot of interest in a program that would automate datamining. There's already someone working on one, but I don't know what happened to that project. It was called "Partymine", if you want to search for the original post.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:15 PM

We're getting ready to release a distributed data mining client in the next week or so.

Anyone have any feedback as to what you'd like to see?

Basically you can select the limit you want a certain client to watch and it will keep switching between different tables every 10 minutes or so which will allow you to run it overnight.

Hands will then be transmitted back to a central server where you will be given credit for the # of hands submitted. Sending 100 hands at a certain limit would allow you to request 200 or 300 hands back at that limit mined by someone else.

Is this what you guys are looking for? Any feedback would be appreciated. We've already got all the components in place, just need to piece it together...

Thanks,
Old 06-15-2005, 10:17 PM

Can you datamine by just opening the client and tables, and not being logged in?
Old 06-15-2005, 10:32 PM

IIRC, you can only have one table open at a time when you are not logged in. This would dramatically slow down your data acquisition
Old 06-16-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We're getting ready to release a distributed data mining client in the next week or so.

Anyone have any feedback as to what you'd like to see?

Basically you can select the limit you want a certain client to watch and it will keep switching between different tables every 10 minutes or so which will allow you to run it overnight.

Hands will then be transmitted back to a central server where you will be given credit for the # of hands submitted. Sending 100 hands at a certain limit would allow you to request 200 or 300 hands back at that limit mined by someone else.

Is this what you guys are looking for? Any feedback would be appreciated. We've already got all the components in place, just need to piece it together...

Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a couple suggestions I have. First, it'd be nice if there was an option to select how many players there need to be for the program to continue mining. I'm not sure what the purpose of having the program switch every 10 minutes is, but if a table kind of breaks apart and only 5 people are left, the data isn't as useful to someone who plays full ring games. Also, the ability to use multiple skins would be nice. I'd run all the party skins if possible.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:14 AM

Poker Edge provides the same sort of result without you having to run any datamining yourself, surely? What is the advantage of this approach?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:40 AM

Poker edge doesn't provide raw hand histories for use in PokerTracker.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:43 AM

The program will only select tables w/ more than 6 people for full tables, more than 5 for 9max and more than 3 for 6max. The purpose of switching regularly is so you don't get a ton of stats on a few people but rather a decent amount of stats on lots of people. We could make things like this customizable if need be.

It will run on all the skins and each skin will have the ability to watch a different limit or game type.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:10 AM

That's true enough, it's only intended as a realtime tool, I guess. I don't think I've ever used an individual observed hand history in PT - only ever thought of datamining as a source of data for GT+. I'm interested in how you would use those and what benefit they would provide over looking at players' aggregated stats?