Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 09:02 PM

Default 600nl, pure bluff in the battle of the blinds

$600nl, full ring, I have $750, opponent just has me covered. Read is that oppenent is relatively passive, and is capable of laying down semi decent hands to strong action. I'm probably seen as solid, haven't done anything silly in this session yet.

I'm in the BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. All fold, SB completes, I check.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet $12, SB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets $12, I bet $45, SB calls.

River: 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet $125.

Obviously I fold to a sensible sized bet on the turn. Am I a donk or is this fairly standard?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: 600nl, pure bluff in the battle of the blinds

the bet is too large, you are not representing the nut straight, you are representing any flush
So he's gonna replay the hand and think if you played like you had a flush draw, and my guess is that he wont believe that, and call you most of the time, and certainly call you with a jack

I think you played this too agressive. just check the river. He may have checked the jack to you if he tought you were agressive and autocall anything you bet