Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2003, 08:13 PM

Default PLO online, crazy action preflop - what to play?

Guys,

playing a typical crazy online PLO game, where the "big reraise with aces" only gets people into the pots..

Anyways, what kind of hands are good enough to play with your whole stack preflop? Are AAxx hands good enough, given that if one of the other guys in the pot has AAxx, you could be in deep trouble (I saw QJ97 have 47% equity in a pot vs two AAxx hands according to twodimes)

So, can you play anything but the very best hands for nearly your whole stack preflop? I find myself folding QJT9 double suited hands in situation like this and see guys call behind me with 9875 rainbow and scoop the pot.

Funny, as I was writing this I jammed big preflop with AA88 double suited and lost to 7532 rainbow. What a game...

Anyways, if there's a reasonable chance guys are making the big reraise without AAxx, obviously AAxx is a good hand, otherwise, can you really call anything else with almost all the action in preflop?

M.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:11 PM

Default Re: PLO online, crazy action preflop - what to play?

Are you playing shortstacked or is it really that maniacal? Thats the problem with online games where stack sizes are limited. I used to play in 5-10 game where it was 80-100 to go before the flop every hand, but some of those stacks were huge so they still had play.

Either way, if its got to be all in I would definitely be willing to play for all my chips with any doublesuited runner from 6789 to TJQK. I would consider an Ace in my hand to be a liability.

If the pot is going to have at least 2 players committed besides you I'd certainly be willing to play any two pair hand, particularly if they were coordinated like 8c8s9c9s.

However, that being said, you are GAMBLING. This kind of game can be fun if you have the bankroll for it, but there isn't much skill involved.