Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Is This a Bad Beat or what!?!?! unbelievable

[ QUOTE ]
Vilian? who is that and why mention him? a donk is a bad thing right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is the guy who sucked out on you.
And yes, a donk is a bad thing to be.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:28 PM

People are idiots and pay you off here every time.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:07 PM

I'm wondering if i bet too much at the turn, with two callers of the $15 raise maybe i shouldn't have been so sure my hand was best, for one thing the BB only had to put in one extra dollar preflop so he could have anything, like 46os, or 77,

the more i think about it the more i feel i made a bad play. sure it turned out to be a bad beat, but i could have easliy been behind from the flop.

then again, if the BB had the straight or set of sevens he should have taken it all down when the $15 raise got to him. i wouldn't let anyone stay in the hand cheap when theres $40+ dollars in the pot and a flush draw on the board.

if anyone reads this i'd like to hear what you think- did i over play my hand?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I feel sorry for him? He made a stupid call at the end hoping to split an empty pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not exactly an easy fold.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if i bet too much at the turn, with two callers of the $15 raise maybe i shouldn't have been so sure my hand was best, for one thing the BB only had to put in one extra dollar preflop so he could have anything, like 46os, or 77,

the more i think about it the more i feel i made a bad play. sure it turned out to be a bad beat, but i could have easliy been behind from the flop.

then again, if the BB had the straight or set of sevens he should have taken it all down when the $15 raise got to him. i wouldn't let anyone stay in the hand cheap when theres $40+ dollars in the pot and a flush draw on the board.

if anyone reads this i'd like to hear what you think- did i over play my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

You got a bad beat. It happens. We've ALL had WORSE than that, so don't expect much pity. I take it you're new to poker and haven't experienced bad beats. They're a part of poker, it happens. If you are a 90% favorite to win a hand, then they WILL win 10% of the time, it's expected. If that beat affects you so badly you probably should play the $25 tables for a while until you get used to it.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:00 PM

If a flush had beaten you, or a set of 8's, would you be screaming "bad bleeeeeaat!" ??

Stupid call, yes, but s/he had to be suspicious of your overbet on the flop.

I don't think I would have been drawing to the gutshot with the heavy betting and a 2-flush on board, even with top pair here.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:21 PM

it's true i am new to poker, only been playing for five months or so, but i wouldn't say i'm a rookie either.

i've gotten to the point of turning a profit, it's just that i've run into two down swings separated by less than a week. if you've been playing poker for a while you know how that can make you feel like you're losing it.

i am upset about this bad beat, but not as much as it might seem. it's just that i've put all my frustration of my combined bad beats into this beat. This single hand should have been the much deserved start of my up swing.

anyhow, my most recent post was targeting my possible mistakes in the hand not more self pity.