Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Two hopefully intresting hands. (100NL)

Been trying to find intresting hands to post lately and I played two hands just some minutes ago that I think you can play diffrently.

6 handed and no reads on first villian, the second villian ALLWAYS bets on the flop if he raised it preflop. I am new to the table in both hands so I have 100 and I am coverd by main villian both times.

Hand 1: UTG min raises and gets two callers, I am in SB with KJ of spades and calls. 4 persons see the flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I check, UTG bets 10 all call, turn is 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero?

Hand 2: UTG limps, folded to button who makes it 4 I call in SB with red Jacks and UTG follows, Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero checks UTG checks and Button makes it pot. Whats your plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 06-15-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Two hopefully intresting hands. (100NL)

Hand 1: I probably c/c. You don't have enough behind to get fold equity out of a c/r, I don't think and he is likely to let you draw for free or else to price you in with your monster draw. I guess if he bets half pot, you might c/r a-i if it is HU when it gets to you. But I would still probably prefer to call and then probably push if I hit on the river.

Hand 2: I'm re-raising against BN steal here. But since you didn't, I'm check/raising the flop and hoping he has an ace or two pair.