Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: 25/50 NL headsup

deciding to make a stand would be to reraise him preflop, thats what you have to do against these types, they love to control the game but you have to take that control away from them, if he's raising raising raising, then come over the top of him once in a while, it'll slow him up.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You always fold Ax preflop heads up against a guy who raises every hand?
Old 06-14-2005, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want to call and see a flop OOP? Then what, check fold the ~80% of the time you don't flop good?

There's quite a big difference between A2o, and something like A7s, for example.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:16 PM

reraise to take it down preflop

ace baby is REALLY hard to hit, even harder to get paid off with
Old 06-15-2005, 03:33 AM

calling a buton 3x raise with A2o OOP is fine. Especially against an aggressive player. Folding ace highs will for sure get you run over. That being said, you probably want to have more than 2k behind, especially after calling the flop with a gutshot and an overcard (which may not be good, and if it is, might be worth a small value bet but not much more really). Nonetheless, with less than 1k here you can get your money in on the turn. Any legit hand he presses $700 with on the turn is going to pay you off.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:49 AM

Are you serious? Folding A2o facing a normal potsize opener from aggressive player in a two handed game?
Old 06-15-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want to call and see a flop OOP? Then what, check fold the ~80% of the time you don't flop good?

There's quite a big difference between A2o, and something like A7s, for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeti is right. If you wanted to play A2, you would have to show down a winning ace high on the river quite a lot for it to have any value.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:00 AM

So what was the result? He had the king right?
The preflop play was not that dodgy. It was heas up right? All of you are telling me you would not call a prelop raise of AX headsup after villain has raised everyhand? I dont think the preflop play was bad at all. Calling the 200 flop bet was not bad either. Nice work. What was the result?
Old 06-15-2005, 10:14 AM

Many people seem to think that check raising the turn all-in is the best line. For some reason, I find this to be the worst line. Villian is aggressive but not stupid. A check raise on the turn at the VERY least screams two pair. Villian was playing fast and I was letting him play fast. In his view, if I had anything less than two pair, I would've check raised the flop or bet out. However, because I did not, a turn check raise all-in either screams of a bluff or a made hand. I have not really been messing around so it's hard to say whether Villian would call me with even just a pair of kings.

Once again, when I make my wheel on fourth, I want Villian to make a huge mistake and call me down. I don't want him to suspect me to have anything better than his kings. I think check calling the turn and open pushing the river accomplishes this image. It would more difficult for him to lay down his kings on the river (or even a pocket pair higher than fives) to my open push.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:19 AM

If you're saying that your opponent will almost always lay down top pair to a turn check/raise but almost always call with top pair (or worse) when you call the turn and then lead the river, then you're saying that your opponent is not good.