Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Your WSOP ME Day 1 assignment

What are you people, like world-class triathletes or something?

Who the hell needs rest!?! Get up, play cards and get some coffee!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 02:43 PM

Ask anyone who has made the final table in the last 3-4 years, and they will tell you it is mentally draining. It is very tough to stay sharp and concentrate for 10-12 hours a day for an entire week.

And I'm telling you to ask, because there is not a snowballs chance that you'll ever make it there yourself with that attitude.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:20 PM

Mr. Collins,

It is now time to learn the difference between a joke, and an actual insult directed at various people.

Ex. 1: Joke

"Get some coffee and play poker!"

Elements of a joke: overbearing sarcastic attitude, exclamation point, following another comment of equal ridiculousness.

Ex. 2: Insult

"You people all suck, stop crying about your sleep and your problems, if you were all really good, sleep wouldn't matter."

Elements of an insult: All too serious condescending nature, following by nothing that can be construed in the way of humor.

Now, I am insulting you here with this post? You may think yes, but wait.....everything here, even the example regarding insults, was somewhat funny. So no, this is just as humorous too. If you currently are not laughing, or have not learned to laugh from this email, you don't "have a snowball's chance of winning the tournament, cause your anger will lead you to the dark side, rahhhh!!!!!"

That last line? Yes, also funny, not insulting. Just good natured fun, on a message that no one will read or ever care about 2 seconds from now.

Enjoy life, be happy.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:26 PM

Does anyone know what's the email address to inquire about one's day 1 assignment? I can't seem to find it via search. When I checked at the will call desk at WSOP last Friday, they told me PartyPoker hasn't registered me yet.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:01 PM

They will email you.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:41 AM

also stars qualifier, also playing the 3k on july 1 and also starting on day 1a. what are the chances of that? no seriously, what do you think they are?
Old 06-21-2005, 02:08 PM

I'm starting on day 1c. (PartyPoker qualifier.) I think lots of Party qualifiers will find out today.

--Nate
Old 06-21-2005, 04:26 PM

I qualified on Stars and finally got mine today. Luckily I start on Friday/1b so I can check out the scene on Thursday and have a day to rest on Saturday if I make it out of Day 1 alive.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:06 PM

OK. Seriously...I'm pretty worried at this point. I qualified about 4 weeks ago on party poker and I haven't received my day 1 assignment yet. I've e-mailed party numerous times, but they continue to tell me that there's nothing they can do from their end. They confirmed that they successfully sent everything they needed to to Harrah's and that I just need to wait for them to contact me.

Is there anyone I can call there that will be able to tell me if they've actually received my forms, etc.? I dont' want to get there and find out there's nothing I can do.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:02 PM

1a thursday