Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Aggression check (3 hands)

Hands 1 and 2 are pretty straightforward in my opinion.

Not sure if i liked hand 3....but it worked out i guess.

Hand #1:

Absolute 2/4

Hero in EP+1 with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG folds, <font color="red"> Hero calls,</font>3 folds, SB completes <font color="red">BB raises </font>, called around

Flop: 3 players 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="green">Im thinking im good here and want to find out where I am quickly </font>

SB bets, BB calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>
called around.

Turn: 2 players J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, <font color="red"> Hero checks </font>
<font color="green"> Did i miss a value bet here? </font>

HAND #2
Absolute 2/4
(Same Table)

Hero is in SB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

2 folds, MP calls, 3 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises</font>
MP calls

Flop: 2 players 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Hero opens,MP raises, Hero Raises </font>, MP calls

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, MP raises, Hero calls.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, MP bets, Hero calls.

HAND #3
Absolute 2/4

Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="green">Not much preflop raising and alot of multipots so i decided to limp here </font>

<font color="red"> Hero calls </font>, 2 fold, <font color="red"> MP raises </font>, 1 fold, <font color="red"> Button raises,
</font>..........

<font color="green">My thoughts, big multiway pot. Call it and im only proceeding if its a 4 flush draw or better </font>

<font color="red">Hero calls </font>, called around

Flop: 4 players 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="green"> 4 flush, not concerned at this point about full house because unlikely someone has 4 or pocket 5s </font>

BB checks, <font color="red">Hero checks</font>, MP checks, <font color="red"> button bets</font>, <font color="red">MP raises </font>....
<font color="green">Probably As or Ks here, but still enough pot odds to call it???</font>

<font color="red">button reraises </font>, <font color="red"> Hero caps </font>, called around
<font color="green"> Pot is big enough, I feel that if diamond falls im good here. Other raiser is probably Ks at least Js or better. If paint falls on turn or river then i most likely fold </font>

turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Hero checks </font>, MP opens, Button calls, <font color="red">Hero calls </font>

River: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Hero checks </font>, MP checks, Button checks.

<font color="green">Hero takes down monster pot, thought i would get a check raise in here </font> .
Old 06-14-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Aggression check (3 hands)

Fold that 44 preflop. Didn't get to reading the rest.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:35 PM

Hand #1 should probably be folded before the flop. If the table is playing very tight (doubtful), you can raise with it. River check behind depends on your read of BB. I think his most likely hand is AK or AQ, and he just might call with it on the river if he's bad enough. So against some opponents, there is value in a river bet.

Hand #2 looks fine to me.

Hand #3, your call PF after it's been raised and 3-bet back to you is absolutely terrible. You won't flop a flush draw anywhere near often enough to put two more bets in. The original limp may be fine at some tables, though it's probably slightly bad as well (but not nearly as bad as the call the second time around).

Postflop looks okay. I'd usually go for the check-raise on the river against most opponents, because they often value bet the river and pay off the raise.

** In the future, post one hand at a time. You'll get better feedback that way. Also, don't take this too personally, but a lot of these hands might get better feedback at the microlimits forum. They seem to be typical situations that come up in microlimits games, even though the limit happens to be 2/4.**
Old 06-14-2005, 06:58 PM

I can't see why 4s in MP for a limp is -EV? The more limpers behind it the merrier for the pot if you hit a set. Likewise, if it is limped behind and there is a raise, you will most likely have at least 5 or 6 to 1 preflop, which is more than enough to try to hit a set.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:00 PM

Hand 1: The preflop call is marginal IMO. A lot of people will say fold, but if you feel confindent 4 players will see the flop, you can call. Post flop fine IMO.

Hand 2: Fine.

Hand 3: Ugh, I don't like it. You had two chances to fold this preflop and didn't take either opportunity. Bet the river! I guarantee your opponents were hoping a diamond wouldn't fall on the river, when it does, the possibility of it being checked though is very high IMO, just bet out on the river.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:14 PM

Hand 1: Since BB was the pf raiser and been showing no aggression whatsoever postflop, you can bet the river and hope to be called by A-high.

Hand 2: Given the way you played it, you should probably checkfold or betfold the river barring a read. Folding the turn is also an option but given the bluff-worthy board, I'd need a stronger-than-usual read. Therefore, I'd sometimes c/c the turn and betfold the river in this spot against a fairly straightforward opponent.

Hand 3: Fold preflop. Since you didn't, bet the river since both pfr's are likely to have higher PP's than TT or a big A as opposed to any hand containing a 4/5.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see why 4s in MP for a limp is -EV? The more limpers behind it the merrier for the pot if you hit a set. Likewise, if it is limped behind and there is a raise, you will most likely have at least 5 or 6 to 1 preflop, which is more than enough to try to hit a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not in MP, you are in early position. Even if u are in MP and its folded to you you should fold. Small pairs suck in EP and are usually only good in multi-way pots.

Read this: Basic Primer on Pairs and Suited Connectors

Your A3s hand is a fold UTG as well.