Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: \"I used to play 80/160 with $3,200 bankroll\" -- Negreanu

Which means he made 2mil before winning the 4.5 mil yet he was broke. I wonder why?
Old 06-14-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The poker world did exist before the WPT. Daniel has only been successful as a tournament player recently.

[/ QUOTE ]
He said in the same interview, that he has made $1 million in the "big game", and Im pretty sure he made decent money in the lower cash game before that.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Oh please. Now your just reachin to win an argument and not admit Daniel has had his struggles in live play through the years.

Just to prove you wrong he wrote about what he did when he came to vegas and what he did in toronto before vegas. He went back and forth between 10-20 and 20-40. I mean this is a ridulous argument to say he didn't lose the money he won in tournaments. It has been stated many places that he went broke. Even he stated it. He said ity was his old girlfriends fault and because he drank when he played. Bottom line is he lost playing live poker. All pros sometimes have issues outside of poker that may affect there game. But they didn't go broke. In fact they still increased there bankrol. Maybe not as much as they would have if not for outside interference. But increased it nonetheless. So why didn't daniel?
Old 06-14-2005, 02:06 PM

Yeah million and he said he hasn't done in for hundreds of hours. Which means nothing. He has not logged even close to enough hours to have any idea what his hourly rate would be.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:11 PM

Noway!. He was saying all he had to his name was $3200 and playing 80-160. This is one of the reasons he has always been broke. Because he consistently plays over his head. Like most tourney players. They win a big tourney and give it to the big players like Barry G. and Chip.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Negreanu was pretty clearly saying that all he could afford to lose is $3,200 and that if he lost that, he couldn't play 80-160 anymore because he wouldn't be able to buy into it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I think too. I wonder if he reads this and comments is, he did comment other people writing about him [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha-wha-wha-what?

[/ QUOTE ]

In http://video.cardplayer.com:8080/vid.../061205_10.wmv he talks about people on-line posting about his bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make your statement intelligible.

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly what I think too. I wonder if he reads this and comments is, he did comment other people writing about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not English.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:58 PM

"Not English."

Did I ever say it was?
Old 06-14-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Not English."

Did I ever say it was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just figured since you're posting on a message board, where the idea is for people to read and respond to what you write... Apparently, I have the wrong idea.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh please. Now your just reachin to win an argument and not admit Daniel has had his struggles in live play through the years.

Just to prove you wrong he wrote about what he did when he came to vegas and what he did in toronto before vegas. He went back and forth between 10-20 and 20-40. I mean this is a ridulous argument to say he didn't lose the money he won in tournaments. It has been stated many places that he went broke. Even he stated it. He said ity was his old girlfriends fault and because he drank when he played. Bottom line is he lost playing live poker. All pros sometimes have issues outside of poker that may affect there game. But they didn't go broke. In fact they still increased there bankrol. Maybe not as much as they would have if not for outside interference. But increased it nonetheless. So why didn't daniel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the point is his bankroll is now ridiculous. Thats the bottom. Whether he was broke or not. He's rich as hell now
Old 06-14-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Not English."

Did I ever say it was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just figured since you're posting on a message board, where the idea is for people to read and respond to what you write... Apparently, I have the wrong idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me what was wrong with the grammar or spelling then. My english is not perfect, but seems good enough for most persons.