Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: I have yet to read a post where someone ADMITS to losing money ove

Wrong. Those are all by winning players, who are all just *temporarily* down, because of bad luck.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:09 PM

This is very typical of all gamblers. Suffice to say if we all won we'd all be off on an island with Heldi Klum. When people return from Vegas they always say they won at least a little and we all know this is false.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:10 PM

Online I'm up about $170.

Live games, I'm down about $300. (lost all my records, should start doing it again)
Old 06-14-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: I have yet to read a post where someone ADMITS to losing money overall

What do you expect? People don't want to post about how louosy they are and how much money they're hemorrhaging. Winners want to post.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:28 PM

Default If you lost while starting out...

...it probably has something to do with this. 50 times?!?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:30 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i'm sure i lost thousands in my first year of online play (2000)
Old 06-14-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: If you lost while starting out...

I lost my frist one hundred cuase i was impatient and HADNT read anything yet, im up 190$ overall now and i've only read phils book. I deposited 20$ more and have been on that for the past 3 months. on a steady (but small) increase) But i figure, winning is winning, be it 10$ or 10,000$.

I usually only play sit and go tables now and have tracked them from the first time ive played them, I finish in the money 58% of the time THUS FAR and i've played over 100 sit and goes. I still only play the 5$+$0.50

id say thats a pretty decent win %.

Thanks for trying to make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Im pretty sure ill take ANYTHING phil helmuth says over yourself my friend. Last I checked I didn't see your name on any walls.

D
Old 06-14-2005, 12:41 PM

Just trying to let you know that you've been investing WAY TOO MUCH TIME into Phil's book. I read it a long while back, and it's horrible. Undoubtedly the worst text of over a dozen poker books that I've read in 2 years. Of all the books you had to choose from, why did you choose Phil's?

Instead of re-reading Hellmuth's book (again), spend time reviewing the 2+2 posts and making inquiries of your own. You'll learn a ton more here. And try reading Sklansky's "Theory of Poker". It may be a little hard to digest the first time, but it's definitely worth reviewing more than once.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:42 PM

My first month of online I dropped $15000. My wife said that I had a gambling problem, but I told her I knew what I was doing.

-$180,000 and 11 months later and I'm homeless (I play in the public library now) and my wife left me after I proposed that she become a prostitute to pay for my poker losses.

I am going to die broke and alone, but I don't care because I love poker so much that I still play everyday and post on 2+2 because it is just so much fun. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Are you happy now?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:46 PM

haha ok, now THAT was a much more civil posting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] thank you.

Productive words.

Im still curious why Phils book is basically TRIPE. I read and reread it. I dont reget that at all. Thats just one more thing i know and in the future if i judge that it is incorrect thats fine. But for now, thats all i know. Also I just dont like to believe alot of what i read on the internet due to the fact that in general, Most people are idiots (which is what makes poker so profitable) I don't know if I can trust everything i read on here.

anyways,

So what book would u suggest i read?

Im at an intermediate level in my game id say. Still lots to learn but I feel that I still understand the game more then most people that play (due to the fact that they dont study / read anything at all).

Advanced Holdem by S & M?

I need some suggestions there are ALOT of books to choose from on this site.