Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: RESULTS (and a little commentary)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Although there were a few soft spots, this was no Party 30/60 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party 30-60 rules
Old 06-13-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: My Key WSOP Hands

[ QUOTE ]
Don't think Pham raises trip aces on that flop. He either has a higher pair or a really good 6. Your check made it difficult for you, but you can call here and pop river. folding would be crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this too, but with so many bets going in preflop, Pham would be making a mistake not to raise, as he is giving players the proper odds to draw to a set.

I too think thought that it was quite likely QQ was good, but with two players showing strength on the flop, I'm not interested in raising the river, and I may lay it down on the turn depending on the action.

-Eric
Old 06-13-2005, 07:22 PM

Hand 1 - call down and its not close. I would advocate 3-betting, but you don't know for sure what the NY guy has. David Pham is a strong player I assume, and strong players know there isn't much reason to get aggro holding an A when on A flops, much less two. Why would he want to drive you out? I would be more concerned if it was checked to you, the laggy NY guy checkraises then Pham cold calls.

Hand 2 - Fold and its not close.

Hand 3 - I wouldn't have reraised. Not so good [any enthnicity] guys don't checkraise the river without 2 pair or better.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't think Pham raises trip aces on that flop. He either has a higher pair or a really good 6. Your check made it difficult for you, but you can call here and pop river. folding would be crazy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this too, but with so many bets going in preflop, Pham would be making a mistake not to raise, as he is giving players the proper odds to draw to a set.

I too think thought that it was quite likely QQ was good, but with two players showing strength on the flop, I'm not interested in raising the river, and I may lay it down on the turn depending on the action.

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, given the dynamic between LAG and Pham, I don't think he'd have played trips any way but fast. The two had been going at it every hand, often 3 or even 4 betting with as little as second pair. If Pham had just called that would've telegraphed trips much more than just a call.

[In fact, just a few hands earlier LAG filled up on the turn and just called Pham's bet, then went for a c/r on the river, which Pham didn't oblige when he just checked through with trips. Once the hands were shown, Pham immediately said he knew LAG had the boat by his meek play, and that if LAG had just kept pumping the pot he probably would've capped the turn and the river. Like I said, this guy is scary good.]