Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2003, 05:55 PM

Default PartyPoker versus ParadisePoker is a real horse race!!

It looks like a neck and neck race between PartyPoker and ParadisePoker thsee days for the busiest site. Almost even on ring games stats and a slight nod to Party on tournaments, probably because of the multi-table advantage for Party.

Any bets on which will be the busiest site in 3 months?
Old 05-24-2003, 06:35 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker versus ParadisePoker is a real horse race!!

One of the sites is a disgrace for their refusal to sort out multi table tournaments, the other one is Paradise Poker.

Any bets on which will be the busiest site in 3 months?

Pokerstars.

Lori

Old 05-24-2003, 06:46 PM

It will be interesting to see how Poker Stars traffic progresses in the aftermath of Moneymakers win.

And the greatest online championship around is back soon - cannot wait. Roll on WCOOP 2003.

Simon
Old 05-24-2003, 06:53 PM

I don't think any site can keep up w/ party/empire if they keep giving out deposit bonuses like have been. That's the main reason I play at party/empire instead of paradise or stars.
Old 05-24-2003, 07:13 PM

It will be interesting to see what kind of mileage PokerStars gets from WSOP. They already are biggest for tournaments I believe. And WSOP proves their tournament play is top hole. But Paradise and Party/Empire have a huge gap in non tournament games. Probably depends on the measure you want to use to determine largest [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And what about UltimateBet and Ladbrokes? Both of those could come challenge as well with the right kind of push I'd bet. Ultimate grew a lot since the start of the year as well.

Interesting anyways...
Old 05-24-2003, 07:19 PM

Certainly Ultimate is headed the right way, but Ladbrokes will peak due to the fact that Americans cannot play there.

With reference to the bonuses at Party and Empire, these went down last month, and as natural demand goes up, I am sure we will see these phased out.

I already keep bonus winnings and poker winnings kept very seperately in my records so I can see where to play when all the bonuses finally start to run out.

It is a hope that competition will keep them coming, but I fear that servers will need improving to cater for the influx anyway and that sites might end up with as many players as they can realistically house.

Lori
Old 05-24-2003, 08:23 PM

Not to get another heads up confrontation going ;-), but with virtually no rent, probably no taxes, very few employees, no cards to buy, no light bill, no complimentary drinks . . . and still raking $3 a hand, I would think the online sites would be buying up all the bandwidth on the planet and making damn sure they could house about three times the number of people who wanted to play.

Really, their only costs are bandwidth and advertising. Software development amortized over a couple of hundred million hands approaches zero.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:26 PM

I totally agree [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

However it does seem that whenever any site gets 1000 more players than it expects, nasty weird things happen there.

Lori
Old 05-25-2003, 01:11 AM

If there is any bookie out here I will put 50 on the nose on the fast closing longshot........
Old 05-25-2003, 05:15 AM

However it does seem that whenever any site gets 1000 more players than it expects, nasty weird things happen there

lucy had the new england players to foxwoods tonight for cocktails. one of the things discussed was capacity. there are a list of specific bugs with the tourneys that the geeks are working to fix, and a plan on adding new and better servers.

play money tables will only get suspended during unusually busy times, and apparently they are VERY aware of all the comments coming from the discussion boards. when the WPT television audience saw that sexton was doing an ad for party, it resulted in a spike. this is long term good news, and we just need to be paitent.

all this growth will be an amazing opportunity for experienced players, and having some paitence right now is the price we need to pay in order to reap this benefit. they will have their chit together soon, and then it will be a bigass aquarium. lucy is the nuts, i have always said that. party is lucky to have her IMO. if i had a site i would attempt to recruit her as my first task. she is going to india to stand over the CSR's, and promises not to return until the issues are solved. mmmm, indefinate curry on the menu for her.

one thing i wanted to pass on was that i was told that for now, we should not trust the lobby stats, but this fix is being given top priority. that seemed to be the biggest beef recently, and when i brought it up, i realized that they don't miss much that is posted here.
(another example of the power of the zoo)