Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Yet another \"How do I get around the Party rakeback deal\" question

I enjoy playing the bad beat games but, like everyone else, I already have PP downloaded. Will this work?

I buy a new computer, sign up under a friend (their Netteller and checking) and start afresh. When I download the software and log in (with different personal info and e-mail address) do they recognize my internet connnection or is my hand good here? Am I missing anything?

I know this sounds like a lot of hassle but the RB would quickly compensate for it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Yet another \"How do I get around the Party rakeback deal\" question

why dont you do that without buying a new computer
Old 06-12-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Yet another \"How do I get around the Party rakeback deal\" question

at $2/4 limits your main auxiliary profit is from bonuses, not rakeback. 4-tabling with 10c per raked hand would be about $20/hr, while 25% from your affiliate would be less than half of that rate.

get both if you can, but I see too many low limit players lamenting about rakeback while bonuses worth up to 5 times as much fly right under their noses.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why dont you do that without buying a new computer

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't recognize my connection number or whatever it is? Sorry, I'm a computer dummy. If someone could give me a detailed play by play it would really help. I've read conflicting reports of peoples' succcess doing uninstalls and what not. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at $2/4 limits your main auxiliary profit is from bonuses, not rakeback. 4-tabling with 10c per raked hand would be about $20/hr, while 25% from your affiliate would be less than half of that rate.

get both if you can, but I see too many low limit players lamenting about rakeback while bonuses worth up to 5 times as much fly right under their noses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't remind me. I have foolishly passed on two reload bonuses. Still, with the higher rake in the bad beat games and the fact that I've 4 tabled $2 $4 for about 200 hrs, I think this is a lot of dough left on the tables.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:00 PM

I don't believe the additional rake taken from bad beat tables count towards MGR. unless you're talking about higher rakes in general from more people staying in pots. it's still not enough to offset the higher advantage of bonuses at your limit.

passing on the party reload bonuses was more than 3 times more "foolish" than not getting rakeback. you're still worrying about the 2.5c-4c per hand you "lost" without an affiliate and meanwhile you're acting like the 14c per hand bonus is no big deal.

are you just trying to play the BBJ lottery for as cheaply as possible, or do you actually care about making the most out of your poker income overall?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe the additional rake taken from bad beat tables count towards MGR. unless you're talking about higher rakes in general from more people staying in pots. it's still not enough to offset the higher advantage of bonuses at your limit.

passing on the party reload bonuses was more than 3 times more "foolish" than not getting rakeback. you're still worrying about the 2.5c-4c per hand you "lost" without an affiliate and meanwhile you're acting like the 14c per hand bonus is no big deal.

are you just trying to play the BBJ lottery for as cheaply as possible, or do you actually care about making the most out of your poker income overall?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I care. That is why I am asking about this. Unfortunately, I did not have the money available to deposit for the bonus.

While I see what you are getting at I don't think leaving 5 or $600 on the table is exactly chump change.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I care. That is why I am asking about this. Unfortunately, I did not have the money available to deposit for the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
the typical party bonus only requires a deposit of $500 to $600 to max out. 4-tabling the $2/4 BBJ tables I'd presume you'd have to have a realistic working bankroll of at least $1000-1500. how is it that you couldn't afford to reload your account, and yet were considering buying a NEW computer to do your silly workaround idea for rakeback?

either you are full of sh*t, or you like hearing yourself talk, or both. you want an extra $500-600 a month with lower bankroll risk and faster accumulation? bonus whoring. end of discussion.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the typical party bonus only requires a deposit of $500 to $600 to max out. 4-tabling the $2/4 BBJ tables I'd presume you'd have to have a realistic working bankroll of at least $1000-1500. how is it that you couldn't afford to reload your account, and yet were considering buying a NEW computer to do your silly workaround idea for rakeback?

either you are full of sh*t, or you like hearing yourself talk, or both. you want an extra $500-600 a month with lower bankroll risk and faster accumulation? bonus whoring. end of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, man, I'm sincerely trying to figure this animal out. I appreciate you taking the time to respond but I am beginning to wonder who likes hearing themselves talk. It's easy to pull post count rank on a newbie while hiding behind the anonymity of an internet forum, though, isn't it?

I have built $600 into $2200 in about 100 hrs (the first 100 hrs mentioned fcking around with $2 $4, sngs, $5 $10 6 max ect...). Nothing spectacular but it beats losing. I don't think that it is out of line to sweat the fact that another 5 or $600 or so has been left on the tables. Although I have the $ in my PP account to support play at this level I chose not to deposit any more of resources into PP for the bonus (stupid, I know- believe me, I know).

Once again, I appreciate the fact that you took time to respond but your nasty tone over something that, quite frankly, does not affect you in any significant way leads me to think that you should investigate getting something resembling a life.

End of discussion.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:39 PM

Why dont you just setup the rakeback at another Party Skin? Or do you already have accounts at all skins?
And you will have the oppurtunity to do the signup bonus at the Skin as well...