Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 01:40 PM

Default hoh2 and amazon

i preordered about 2 weeks ago and it still hasnt shippped. its says its now available and will be shipped within 24 hours. has anyone else ordered through amazon and has had their book shipped?
Old 06-13-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: hoh2 and amazon

Mine has not shipped and says delivery expected 20th to 22nd.

If this is around in stores now, I think I'm gonna grab it and cancel the damn preorder.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:26 PM

I ordered HOH2 from Amazon last week (not a pre-order). Since Saturday, my order has been:[ QUOTE ]
Shipping Soon
We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-13-2005, 05:01 PM

I preordered on Amazon 5/11 and I got the shipped e-mail last night (2am). It's on its way!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I preordered on Amazon 5/11 and I got the shipped e-mail last night (2am). It's on its way!

[/ QUOTE ]

I preordered my on 5/22, and I haven't received any email. Hopefully I'm not far behind.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:28 PM

My experiencw with Amazon is whenever you select "free shipping", you are treated like a second claass customer.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My experiencw with Amazon is whenever you select "free shipping", you are treated like a second claass customer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:49 AM

I oredered about a week and a half back, and my order was shipped on monday the 13th. I am having it shipped oversees, not sure if that has any thing to do with it shipping before yours. But at least you know it is in stock now.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is apparently a recent change in Amazon policy and practices. For many years, I always got good shipping service from them, even on free shipping.

A few months ago, they introduced the "Amazon Prime" program, which gives "FREE" 2-day shipping on all orders. This free shipping costs $79 a year. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Since that time, Amazon service has gone in the toilet if you are not a Prime member. I recently placed an order for about $150 worth of books. In the past, with free shipping, it would have taken about a week. This time it took 3 weeks.

As far as I'm concerned, this is bait and switch, and is a tacky, if not unethical, business practice. They bait you with good service, as advertised, and then essentially start charging you if you want the same quality of service.

Amazon just went to the bottom of my list. I'm not going to spite myself by not doing business with them, but I'm going to be looking at Conjelco first for poker books, and Overstock and B&N for other stuff before I order from Amazon.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:23 AM

does anyone know why they raised the price?