Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 12:45 PM

Default PP 10/20 - AJs multiway pot

I'd appreciate comments both preflop and on the flop. The UTG+1 player is 55/9, and I'm fairly certain he would have open-raised a hand that dominates mine. He's pulled this limp-reraise against a late raiser several times already and has shown down a suited connector once or twice, folding the other times. Since I assume he'd have taken a big PP to the showdown - I'm fairly certain his limp-reraise move is almost never with a big PP, but with drawing hands. I'm also pretty sure that the other players would have raised themselves at some point with JJ+ or a bigger A than mine unless SB has AQo exactly. Should I go ahead and cap preflop knowing that UTG+1 is likely just messing around and thinking that I would have already heard from any hand that dominates mine?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

On the flop I have the nut flush draw with 2 overcards (and a backdoor straight draw with the J). Given my reads preflop I think that my A is probably good and my J may be as well unless UTG+1 specifically has 9T, JT, J9, or 78. MP3 could also have J9, or A9 here, killing 3 of my outs. So I raised (for value) with 3 opponents unsure if SB would call 2 bets. Then it comes back to me reraised with only 2 opponents, is my cap here still a good play?

Any thoughts?

Edit: What's your plan for the hand if I only make a pair?
Old 06-13-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: PP 10/20 - AJs multiway pot

Preflop cap is debateable but I think it's fine if you've seen him showdown connectors previously....you know the SB will probably call the additional two bets so a 4 way capped pot with AJs isnt a terrible place to be in.

Flop looks good, I cap as well esp with position.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: PP 10/20 - AJs multiway pot

It's fine. Why would you think it's not? Mathematically it's about EV neutral but you may get all sorts of advantages out of it, like free cards.