Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Games freeze up at Absolute. Karma is a jerk!

Well, when microbob started his complaint thread (well warrented I might add) I could 3 table and it was sloooooowww and froze occasionally timeing me out. AP updated the software, everything worked as before without the freeze ups. MB still had grief. AP updated again, my box flew with AP, no freezes made a very happy me! AP updated (apparently between Thursday and today) again and I'm back to the inital point only I can't 3 table without going bonkers.

Now, AP is playing like Crypto sites (2 tables before it slows and freaks). This really ticks me off. I can do without Crypto, but AP is pretty much home base. I was still clearing about $10 an hour 2 tabling tonight, but $15 an hour 3 tabling is just better.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:20 AM

yeah. that's kind of weird how you have noticed differences back and forth with each update.

Man, it seems that everyone's problems with AP differ somewhat significantly.
One update that is "great" for one player makes it "unplayable" for another (and vice-versa).

FWIW - I can 4 table on crypto AND play on 1 or 2 other sites and I detect no noticeable performance problem on my computer.
I can even 4-table crypto AND run PT and GT+ (although I have admittedly not done this lately because I just don't like crypto that much).
Old 06-13-2005, 02:37 AM

It may just be that I play there so much that I notice the differences.

Crypto just tickes me off at times. If I run 2 different Crypto sites it doesn't seem to like it.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:56 AM

It sounds like I have a similar problem. When I start the software, it runs great. I can have three tables open and play with no problem. Whenever I get to about 400 hands for the session, the software gets into a terrible state that causes me to have to kill the processes and restart. This of course fold all of the hands I am in and kicks me off the tables that I am on. I can hear noises being made and my hard drive seems to be thrashing. Very frustrating. This happens every time.

My only other complaint about Absolute is hand histories. I have requested them from the main menu several times and have never gotten one. I have also emailed support about this at least twice and have never even gotten a response. Is there support always this unreponsive? Can others get hand histories to work?
Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
yeah. that's kind of weird how you have noticed differences back and forth with each update.

Man, it seems that everyone's problems with AP differ somewhat significantly. One update that is "great" for one player makes it "unplayable" for another (and vice-versa).

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if it would help if they allowed users to rollback to a version that worked for them?

-Mike
Old 06-13-2005, 11:10 AM

I shut down my computer last night for about 10 minutes and restarted. Absolute worked fine again.
One thing that I am doing different that could be causing these lockups is that they seem to happen when I am also running pokerstars. I restarted and played Absolute fine for about 45 minutes last night, but as soon as I opened one table at Pokerstars it really slowed down again.
Like you all, I have lost several hands (including an AK suited on the button and a flopped 2 pair [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) due to freeze ups and its very frustating.

Have you all noticed any trend on Absolute's performance based on whether another client is being run as well?
Old 06-13-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My only other complaint about Absolute is hand histories. I have requested them from the main menu several times and have never gotten one. I have also emailed support about this at least twice and have never even gotten a response. Is there support always this unreponsive? Can others get hand histories to work?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to check and see if the emails are being filtered by a spam filter, either on your computer or at your email provider. The hand histories come from "support@absolutepoker.com". I have been playing for a few hours this morning at AP and getting HH's no problem.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can others get hand histories to work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine come through fine.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:35 AM

Default from another thread -

After the latest release grief I emailed support. They had me delete AP (which was in TWO folders???) and kill Quicktime. It seems to be running better now. Don't know if they suggested killing Quicktime and looking for a 2nd version (if you don't accept the defaults it's possible to get 2 versions apparently).

=== New stuff ===

Note I RARELY accept the default folders for anything. If they are using a "dumb" installer this could be a problem. Apparently Quicktime has some conflict - again I rarely use Quicktime, but I did find QT in my little rapid access bar -- GONE.

So far it seems to be working better - only about 200-300 hands with these changes made.

As for hand histories, I've gotten the 1.4K of HH's I've requested since Thursday. As someone suggested check your junk/trash folder for a spam/junk filter filing it for you. I have a filter setup for my poker email so the junk mail/spam filters do NOT toss it.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:42 PM

I have an AOL registered with Absolute which may by filtering off the hand histories. I have received emails from support before, but as I said, no hand histories and no replies from support lately. Stupid AOL. I just turned off their spam filtering, so maybe that will help. Thanks for that tip.

When Absolute crashes on me, I have three tables, their main window, a browswer (Firefox) and Outlook Express running. No other poker clients.