Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: online poker legitimacy

I'll be wearing the tinfoil hat I use to keep the mind reading internet poker shills from reading my thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope your watching ESPN when i make the final table at wsop wearing my pokerconduct.com Tshirt then

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll be wearing my onlinepokerconspiracydummy tshirt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-12-2005, 05:15 AM

Because its impossible to prove a negative. If you say "Senjitsu cheats at live poker. He breaks people's arm like The Matador and colludes with tropical henry", it wouldn't be reasonable to ask me to refute your accusations by any means except to say "he hasn't presented any evidence".

If you present evidence that something is happening, that evidence can be refuted. I might say "that videotape you have of me colluding with tropical henry is a fake... thats just some guy in a red wig with a sock stuffed down his pants", but this proccess can't begin until you present something more than a hypothetical.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the skeptic bashing by site proponents involves the desire to see proof of cheating by a site. How about proof they don't.
I'm not talking about reference to rng's, gaming commissions, or what the sites have at stake. I'm talking about the same proof expected from a person skeptical of putting their hard earned money into something they don't have faith in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-12-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any professor, in fact any reasonably competent student will tell you: You can't prove a negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence the phrase innocent until proven guilty.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:22 PM

we are just dealing with people who can't win online for whatever reason. and instead of working on their games they would rather complain that online poker is rigged. it makes them feel better. we arent going to convince them that they lost becuase they simply arent that good.