Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 12:39 AM

Default 1/2 blinds advice

Most of the places I've been playing 4-8 at lately have 1/2 blinds. So with it being only $2 to call I've found it to be a lot like a 2-4 table where people are playing a lot of garbage hands and sucking out on the river. Where this does have its advantageous I find I do better at a table with the standard blind structure. I'm wondering if the way to combat this is to raise with hands you might usually limp in with from early position forcing the rest of the field to pay atleast 6 bucks to call. I'm also wondering if it's alright to limp from early position with things like mid suited connectors and fold them to a raise. Any thoughts on how you all play in these games is appreciated.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: 1/2 blinds advice

This has been talked about NUMEROUS times, but I will let another person know. You must value bet and suited and suited connector cards go up in value as well as pocket pairs.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: 1/2 blinds advice

Sorry if I posted a topic that's been overdiscussed. I did a search and couldn't find anything. If someone could post a link that'd be great. Thanks.