Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 05:35 PM

Default ATo, out of position and lost

Hi shorthanded peeps, I'm venturing back into the 6-max waters after getting absolutely crushed a couple of months ago at 5/10 and realizing that I wasn't as good as I thought I was. Anyway, I think I've improved my game and have been playing the Stars 2/4 6max which seems very weak passive compared to Party 5/10.

I think I played this hand pretty badly. Button is laggy and BB preflop 3-bettor even moreso.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

I don't give this preflop raise much credit but with CO limping should I have reraised this here?

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

I don't know why I bet this, but either way, I did. Would calling down, or check folding to a bet and a raise be better here?

Turn: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (14 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 06-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: ATo, out of position and lost

I like to check raise this flop and go from there. Since the button is laggy his open raising standards I would imagine are very weak.

However if I did decide to lead I would three bet.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:48 PM

A bet out is fine. i doubt a c/r would do anything but put more money into the pot and knock out nobody. I would not fold this on the flop because the ace of diamonds gives u about 1.5 more outs to runner runner flush. So i believe a bet out is good.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:00 PM

i believe a c/r would only put money in the pot assuming ur BB bets out. But you could do a c/r
Old 06-11-2005, 06:12 PM

I would not call preflop.

The CO limped? The Button raised. I will be OOP with a "kicker challenged" hand unless the flop is ten high.

I generally always reraise or fold with just high cards in this position (suited and pairs I might call).

If you think you are best then reraise if not then fold.

The rest of the hand then plays differently.

Having not reraised preflop, then I play the hand the same way. A bet is best hoping BB will raise. After the button raise, I would not bother with a reraise and would just try to see a SD as cheaply as possible.

T
Old 06-11-2005, 10:08 PM

I might accept the coldcall preflop if CO raised and BN coldcalled. Then I would definitely be out-of-position in a multiway pot with a bad multiway hand.

But you need to 3-bet the actual hand to try and remove BB and CO from the pot. No one except the PFR has two bets in yet.

Checkraise the flop. You have a good hand in a multiway pot and it is almost certain someone will bet. This is a typical situation where both pot-building and force-outs benefit you. That means you don't need to be subtle. Just do the maximum amount of damage you can and let your opponents sort it out.