Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Catch of the day

Got my KK cracked by AK on a 379 rainbow flop (called the all-in from a donk (who held Q9 on that hand), but fell when an ace hit the turn.. le sigh) and laid down the next dozen ragged hands... I had considered pushing a bit on this hand, no matter what fell, to shake things up a little and prepare for an ambush if my next blind flopped well. This made me feel better:

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
SB posts a blind of t15. BB posts a blind of t30. UTG calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="red">Hero raises to t90</font>, 2 fold, Button calls t90, SB calls t75, BB folds, UTG calls t60, UTG+1 calls t60.

Flop: (t480) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets t150</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls t150, Button folds, SB calls t150.

Turn: (t930) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets t450</font>, Hero calls t450, SB calls t315 and is all-in.

River: (t2145) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t585 and is all-in</font>, UTG calls t555.

Final Pot: t3315

UTG has two pair, nines and fours.
SB has a pair of fours.

So juicy sweet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Busted out when AJs speared a T94 four-flush flop and got gutted by A5o and K7o both catching a piece of the turn/river. Just more proof that skill and odds don't mean **** in tournaments if you don't have the luck to go with it. Ah well, I live to fight another day.