Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Stupid PF question regarding JJ

And for the most part I would agree with you. It wasn't really the SB I was worried about; it was the UTG's raise combined with the presence of the re-raise from the SB. To just call there... I dunno. Maybe you have a point, but I just think cold-calling with JJ against two opponents, you can be pretty sure you're up against four overcards, any combination of AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AK, AQs, AQ, KQs, and KQ. While I'd be a minor favorite against one opponent, I think I'm in there with the worst of it against a combination of these two hands.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:26 AM

I agree that folding preflop is wrong here vs a known pot builder. I didn't see much benefit to your preflop cap at 1st, and I was even thinking that maybe you were a "pot builder" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. After further thought though, I must admit that capping had a benefit I overlooked. When SB bet out on the flop, you now have enough information to get away from the hand.

Do others think capping is EV+ here?

Good post.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:32 PM

What would you do with 55 here? Personally I (sometimes) call with that sort of hand, because there's a decent chance you can get a ton of action if you hit a set, especially vs. a player like the SB. So you can call JJ just for set value, but also sometimes raise SB's auto-flop-bet if you think your JJ might still be good.

I'd still often cap here, just wanted to offer an argument for why it might be right to call.