Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 06:13 AM

Default party poker 50$ NL Ring

what strategy do you think is best for this limit? Is it more profitable for which of these styles: tight-aggressive-aggressive(TAA) or tight-aggressive-passive(TAP) or tight-passive-passive(TPP)?

in other words, go for some bluffs or just wait for a hand. What kind of win rates are you getting out there for your style of play?
Old 06-10-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-10-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: party poker 50$ NL Ring

TAG, easily.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think that a LAG would do better at those stakes since you need to bluff more since people won't pay you off when you have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding? at party's $50 6 max, playing LAG will lose you a lot of money, imho. play ABC poker and you'll be a winner at this level.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:44 AM

TAA is best at that level. I have a really hard time raising enough preflop, and a harder time with my aggression factor on the river. I really have to force myself to raise preflop more often when I'm in a late position with good, but not premium hands just to get up over 5% pfr. On the river, I get passive because I often find myself in a situation in which only a better hand would call a bet, so I check/call out of position or check behind in position. I think my game would improve if I became more confident of my reads by the river so that I could value bet more often. On the flop and turn, however, I'm very aggressive, even with my draws.

Passive preflop is too easy for people to notice that you have a premium hand when you do raise preflop. Passive postflop lets people draw cheaply or buy free cards too easily.

What really does not work very well is consistent, total bluffing and being too aggressive with TPWK (or even TPTK, for that matter). People will notice and eventually get your stack.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:42 AM

I don't know about full ring games, but party's 50NL 6max was horribly tight as of a couple months ago. I loosened up and never came in without a raise, always bet the flop, and got paid off a lot more because although the players were tight, they were not good. I'd go more along the lines of sLA-A than TAG.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:57 AM

Yea true. I have look at some small sample of NL25 and NL50 during non busy hour. People are not "good", but they are weak. Not passive, weak. They check when they have nothing, often fold to min bet ( wth). They do not call enough for me to be satisfied [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

SLag probably works, but I don't really like to play this way. Any way to make people play looser and call more//call bigger bet :P?
Old 06-10-2005, 12:29 PM

When you have a hand, just bet it hard. People will pay you off.