Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: live 2/5 hand

My brother's read was that the guy was squarely on AA or KK, which seemed to match up with his betting and general tightness. My first thought was the flush draw was the most dangerous. (Of course, I'm not there to see the guy)

My brother re-raised the guy all in. His reasoning was that he was ahead of all hands but 88 (very unlikely) and the guy would call with his AA or KK and be drawing to 2 outs.

My line was to flat call the raise and lead any non-diamond turn. It hides the strength of my hand. If the guy wants to take charge of the hand, fine, let him. Alot of players would not call a push or pot sized bet on the turn drawing only 1 card for their flush. If an A of K comes out and the Villain's read is that he just hit a set I might be able to get away from the hand.

I think that the most EV+ is pushing but me, personally, I like the chance to get away from a hand that sours on me w/o getting stacked, especially if I feel I can read the guy.

RESULTS- <font color="white"> Villain called the push with Ad Td and flushed on the turn </font>