Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Frustrating Mistake, but could it have been played anyway?

hand is most obviously live.

you made a slight mistake by taking your hands off of your cards.

the dealer made a big mistake trying to rule it dead.

you made a HUGE mistake in accepting that ruling.

Hell, I would have retrieved my cards myself and said, "huh?" while my hand lay innocently on top of my upturned cards. almost sounds like the in-the-dark betting got under your skin and you weren't thinking clearly.

continue to tip. don't even mention it to the dealer. never speak of this incident again unless someone says, "wow, you were stupid there!"... in that case shrug and say, "yeah, that's not gonna happen again, I could have handled that a LOT better."
Old 06-10-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Frustrating Mistake, but could it have been played anyway?

It was somewhat funny, when I arrived yesterday, the same dealer was arriving at the same time, we saw each other at the same time, and I said "hey, hows it goin?" and he just put his hands up and and just had that "I'm sorry" look to him and said "man, I felt so bad about that hand yesterday, I hate having to make that ruling on the hand," then we discussed about it and I explained to him that he technically could have let the hand play out because the hand was clearly distinguishable. He had then told me that he would normally agree with me, but it was a "house rule, that any hand that hits the muck at all is declared a dead hand." We talked a little bit more and he was like "if a situation like that arises again, or if you ever have any question at all, feel free to call the floor, and they'll give you a ruling. I'll be glad to call them up, and they'll be more than happy to give a clear ruling."

So all is well and I guess I feel somewhat better just being that I was able to discuss it with the dealer, particularly in a light-hearted manner.