Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: K8o in SB: do you complete?

This is 3/6, so SB is $1 here.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:40 AM

I'm tempted to raise. It depends on the reads on MP3 and the button. If they're both loosy goosy I'll go for it.

Generally I fold here though.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Not me. I fold it.

And my VPIP is about the same as yours. I have a problem with limping early with Ax suited and small pocket pairs though ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am finally getting over my hard on for Axs and small pp's 1st or early and I feel as though it is improving my results. What do the big databases say about this? (I don't have PT. Yeah,I know-tisk tisk.) Even though the low limit games are full of multi-way action someone usually throws a raise in.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:51 AM

You are not raising K8o out of the SB after 2 limpers.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are not raising K8o out of the SB after 2 limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any hands where I've done it, but I'm doing it pretty often to one limper.

I'm not saying it's a standard play, but it's not as absolute as everyone in this thread is making it, so I wanted to throw in a little voice from the other side. If both limpers are >50% VP$IP'ers and passive, you better believe I'm raising K8o here. Especially if the BB is a decent player.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With two limpers you can play any two suited cards as long as BB isn't aggro PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/4, yeah. not 3/6.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:57 AM

Fold this hand, you arent suited, and there arent enough people in the pot to make this hand profitable if you hit it. Even if you hit a king, there is a good chance that the other players limped w/ K10, KJ, etc. Save your money and your stress. This play might be aight, because it is only 1 dollar, but if you hit your king, you might end up losing more than you had planned by paying just 1 to see the flop. Try to avoid trouble hands in early position, and this is a trouble hand. The only time that I would call this hand pre-flop is on the button, and even then it is a very marginal call. I am not saying that the cheap price for the hand does not make it an attractive call, but the hand is just too weak to play from first position over an extended period of time to make it profitable. I have found that playing too many hands from the blinds can kill you over an extended period of time. The only time I would call this hand is if it were suited, because I would play any 2 suited cards from the small blind. I know that sounds contradicting, but I believe that the only way you can run marginal hands through over an extended period of time is if they are suited, because hitting one K high flush in a big pot, makes up for all the junk call,check/fold hands you play out of the blinds.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you hit a king, there is a good chance that the other players limped w/ K10, KJ, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't anywhere near a good chance that someone has us dominated here. The chance of being dominated and having that card fall on the flop is under 7%. To be scared of that is just weak tight.

[ QUOTE ]
Save your money and your stress. This play might be aight, because it is only 1 dollar, but if you hit your king, you might end up losing more than you had planned by paying just 1 to see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's also a weak argument. If we knew a king was going to fall on the flop, it would be a mistake to fold this hand. The problem isn't when a king flops, it's that it doesn't happen often enough, and that pairing our eight isn't very strong.

I agree that a weak player shouldn't be doing this, and that a strong player shouldn't be doing but under very special circumstances, but there are times you should do it.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:26 AM

Not at the 3/6 blind structure.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm tempted to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to make an advanced payment on the reverse implied odds that accompany this hand?

I can see raising against one limper, but I do not want to create large multiway pots with K8o in first position.

Completing at 50% SB structure makes sense, but it cost you 2/3 of a bet @ 3/6. Easy muck for me.