Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: A very fun and tough hand Party 10-20

you are paranoid and don't give anyone credit for a hand ever. this is the same thing in all your posts
Old 06-09-2005, 11:34 AM

would Villain play A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T this way?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are paranoid and don't give anyone credit for a hand ever. this is the same thing in all your posts

[/ QUOTE ]

i think jason's image vs your image has alot to do with this, though.

but this is true.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:49 PM

Brusier,

You may have a point about me being paranoid in some of the hands I post here. I dont think its fair to judge my play in general by hands i post here. Obviously the hands I post here are the ones I'm not sure about my play, so I kinda appreciate what you are saying in a way.

This opponent always humps pots off me. He's a good shorthanded player. He's real capable of calling my bet on the flop with garbage or a weak holding and trying to push me off the pot later. I'm not sure why you think I'm being paranoid by just accepting this fact. We are shorthanded here.

With regards to the hand, I dont understand your comment about the texture of the flop. I'm not sure about why I have to bet more, but I would appreciate it if you explained it to me thoroughly. You are the first player to mention it and Ive asked quite a few good players about this hand.

What would be your plan for this hand?

-Jason
Old 06-09-2005, 05:01 PM

When you take the lead from him off the flop and he calls, I feel he is representing either a medium-Strong K, or even trips.
Once you check the turn, it looks weak so he could be betting with pretty much anything, but I think he feels that 1 pair is good... until you call. (I personally would have raised all-in here... hard to put the guy on QJ, and I hope he has trips and calls, in which case I do get blooped on the river..)
Once you call, that looks like either a slowplay of a monster(QJ getting lucky after a pot steal attempt on the flop), or, most likely, bottom 2 pair. Once the river comes with the paired board and the flush, he feels that maybe he has counterfeighted you. Its hard to figure for the straight, but the bet sizeis good because the worst you can call with here is a straight. Either way teh bet relative to your stack size suggests taht he feels he is good with the counterfeight, and wouldn't be too afraid of an all-in, but he would RATHER you not call.
Now, unfortunately that does not give you a whole lot of information but it does seem weak to me. Id call and expect to see either JT, like was mentioned b4 or Kx, however I wouldn't be overly surprised to see 88 or 99 (give you the lead, take it back on the turn to end the pot, bet once improved, and beating straight and flush draws...).
Either way it doesn't seem like too much of a flat bluff.

not the graetest analysis anyhoo but I still call.
So when are you going to post that he hit quads? lol
Old 06-11-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Results?

c'mon strassa, I wanna know what happened here.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Results?

Oh.

MHIG. He had a very funny played AA here with no club.

-Jason