Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2003, 03:53 PM

Default Re: A hand from this weekend

Well this is interesting. I was playing at Foxwoods on Friday and saw several full houses checked. Now I understand what goes through people's heads.

Sir, why are you worrying about outs on the turn? You have a full house, which is a fantastic hand. The only hand that can beat you is 4 tens. Start tossing chips around now and raise. Not only is your opponent drawing against big odds, but he has a good hand that he will pay you off with. You can't worry about your opponents hitting longshots against you. These are the times you want your opponents to call your big raises, when they are drawing very slim and you are very strong.

Having said all this, you were going to lose this hand, but if you continue to not get money in the pot when your hand is that good you are missing out on a lot of money in the future.

Good luck!
Old 05-19-2003, 05:16 PM

Also make note of the fact that out hero was holding a ten as well, thus ensuring that his opponent could not be ahead on the turn.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:19 PM

Thanks for your reply Lil...and you are right. However, I also lose to JJ and I didn't have any position after the UTG caller folded. Remember, this was limit. All I could do was bet at the flop and hope for a raise.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:52 PM

"However, I also lose to JJ and I didn't have any position after the UTG caller folded."
Sorry I wrote 10-10 and meant to write J-J. Position is not important in deciding if you should re-raise or not in this case. The fact that you have a super-strong hand that is very likely best is what should make you want to re-raise.

"Remember, this was limit. All I could do was bet at the flop and hope for a raise."
This is a LIMIT hold-em forum?!?! Damn, all 180 of my posts are irrelevant! [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 07:04 AM

Lil,

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I am just learning and any help is appreciated. Others have said that a reraise after the turn would have been correct just as you said. It was a terrible beat and the loose/aggressive player was not going to back down (frankly, with his cards, I wouldn't have either). Sigh, oh well. Live and learn.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:11 PM

However, I also lose to JJ

How could you lose to JJ when you held a J?
Old 05-20-2003, 07:06 AM

I was speaking about after the flop (there were still 2 out). Of course, after the turn I could only be chopped. The river was a dagger.