Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 12:58 PM

Default two pair, two bets cold with ....

I was having this argument with a friend yesterday.

He said that if a flop was something like

As Ts 9s

And he bet holding A9, someone raised, someone reraised, that'd he'd fold his two pair to 2 bets cold.

Is that correct ? I'd call and check and call till that 4th spade hit. What's the play and why ? I said the only way in hell I could fold to those 2 bets cold was if the second raiser was SUPER tight, and would only raise the nuts.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: two pair, two bets cold with ....

if you're facing three bets with top two and there are two callers. Depending on the pre-flop action, if it went 2 or 3 bets preflop the you can assume a tasty ace or pocket pair. If not then you could assume that both are on a draw or one actually flopped the flush, I keep pushing the turn if a spade doesn't hit and see what happens, flat calls mean draws, another raise you could be drawing to 4 cards
Old 06-09-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: two pair, two bets cold with ....

There are a boatload of facts missing from this discussion in order to derive much value from it. What happened pre-flop? What is the size of the pot? How many players are in on the flop? What is our position? What are our reads on the flop aggressors? The answers to these questions all impact what I would do in this circumstance, and they should impact what you would do as well. At the very minimum we'd need to know how much money is in the pot.