Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: QQ in MP please give advice

Please don't give people advice like this. He has over 35x the BB - open pushing with a wonderful hand like QQ is terrible. If you just want to 'protect your stack', just fold. You said, ' If you do get called the odds are with you. ' which is completely false. If you do get called, you are going to be a gigantic dog. If all you want is to steal the blinds by open-pushing, just pick any random trash hand and do it.

QQ vs AA = 19.1%
T9s vs AA = 22.8%
65s vs AA = 23%

So you can see that there are better hands to go looking for AA with.

Anyway, I'd have bet this smaller PF (like 2000 as someone else mentioned), then follow up on the flop. If you're too scared to bet the flop, you almost HAVE to bet the turn. If I woke up and found myself in your shoes on the river, I'd fold.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:26 PM

I'm betting about 5K on the flop here. With that check, I don't put him on an Ace. I think the Ace is scaring him just as much as it's scaring you. 5K should also be anough to take the diamond draw away if he's on that.

If I do check the flop incase of a trap, I'm betting big on the turn after his check. Most players in his position though would bet the turn after the flop was checked like that, so I think you're lucky to get the second check.

Again, I'm new here, so I'm open to criticism [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 12:38 PM

The Pre Flop bet was a little large. I would bet 1800-2400. The flop check is not horrible, but I would bet the turn after being checked into twice. If he check-raises you you will have some thinking to do. Whether to call on the river depends on what type of player this is. In order to call here you would have to be pretty sure he was on a bluff.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:41 PM

Hey I'm not trying to give bad advice, and what I'm saying has worked for me. A number of hands could call you besides AA or KK, and I like your chances against all of them except those two. Folding QQ to protect your chips is never an option, but at this stage of the game don't let some cheap A or K make a dent in your stack. Again this is how I would probably have played it. Does not mean it the best way, just my style in this situation. If anyone else agrees please post. Thanks and GL.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:41 PM

I agree with those who said your preflop bet was too big.

Bet 1500-2000 preflop (I like 3X).

With one caller I am betting any flop something like 75% pot. With an 1800 initial bet, that would put something like 4200 in the pot, so I'd bet 3000-3500 after he checked the flop.

If he checkraises with the ace on the board, I'd fold.
If he calls, I'm folding if he leads the turn or checking behind.
On the river, I'll call a bet up to about 3000, or check behind.