Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 04:04 PM

Default AKs flops draw and overs

.25/.50 NL on UB. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP and raie to $2, LP calls, BB calls. BB has only $4.40 left, LP about $50 and i have them covered.

Flop($6): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB pushes his $4.5, I raise to $16, LP calls [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Turn($19 main pot, $23 side pot): (8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I push for LPs last $35.

Comments on all streets, especially flop.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: AKs flops draw and overs

Preflop raise was fine. I think I would have just called the flop. Usually you can get a player to check it down w/o a big hand. If LP raises it after you call then you could probably still call his raise and se what happens on the turn. A check on the turn wouldn't be horrible. I don't think you could fold if he moves in on the turn, but you really want a free card to hit your flush. If he does check the turn and you completely miss the river and he bets, you may have to muck.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:33 PM

so i flat call the flop, and call for $45 on the turn with only $17 in the pot? common man, youve gotta think it thru more than that.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:41 PM

I like the line a lot, on one condition: Villian is unknown. Since you did not mention it, I assume he is. I think BB has TPGK, straight or maybe a flush draw, but I do like the line
Old 06-08-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

My problem here is what do I put LP on after he calls $16 on the flop? He was unknown. Turns out he had 99 and turned a set. If i push the flop I believe he folds. Good call, tho. BB had 8T for a weak top pair. I really want it headsup agaisnt him on the flop. I did hit an ace on the river, but it was no good. I mean, my line looks alot like an overpair, so I think if 99 hadnt hit on the turn he wouldve folded, but damn, he called the flop, so who knows. Anyone else have any ideas what to do against unknowns? I think I like a flop push now, anyone disagree?
Old 06-09-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.25/.50 NL on UB. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP and raie to $2, LP calls, BB calls. BB has only $4.40 left, LP about $50 and i have them covered.

Flop($6): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB pushes his $4.5, I raise to $16, LP calls [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Turn($19 main pot, $23 side pot): (8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I push for LPs last $35.

Comments on all streets, especially flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't too great. As much of an overbet as it is, I like to push the flop. If you put money in, you are going to be left with a pot that's not worth quite enough to bluff at (keep in mind $12 is going to BB if you don't hit anything, which by the turn is likely), making it really -EV to bet because you need him to fold about twice as often to make this work.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:55 AM

"BB has TPGK"

Someone thinks a UB player called a 4xBB raise with K8/Q8??????
Old 06-09-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"BB has TPGK"

Someone thinks a UB player called a 4xBB raise with K8/Q8??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. But his move in on the flop indicates a stop and go play, probably with a low/medium PP.